Announcement

Collapse

New Chat Room

The new chat room is floating on the bottom right hand corner of your screen. You will have to login to chat. But don't forget to log out when you are done, otherwise it will keep you listed as active.
See more
See less

Meat grinding

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meat grinding

Correct or remove if this is wrong.
    I will grind your deer meat No charge from me but donate A $5 spot to the forum or more if you wish.
    Of course I live in Yukon Oklahoma and I can't travel to do this..Just a way to help local handloaders/hunters and this sight.
    You will need to have the deer skinned out of course and deboned or we/you can debone it here.

My grinder will grind an entire deer in about 5 minutes or less if all the meat is ready to drop in. 3" opening and you can drop an entire back strap in it and 6 seconds later it is ground meat.
    This grinder Does NOT create meat paste. Just good quality ground meat.

Click image for larger version  Name:	meat grinding 001.JPG Views:	1 Size:	41.1 KB ID:	788051

Could have used your help last night. We butchered four deer. Three more to go. Grind everything except the straps and loins. I re-grind a second time and mix in some hamburger, pork sausage, and antelope, then vacuum bag it.

Comment

This one i just ground today straps and loins got ground..I have straps and loins left from last year.
      I do not grind 2 times.
      I did make some Itallian sausage from 1/2 of this grind.
      No fat added.
      The trick to good sausage is to dot over mix it and then cook it in butter. Butter absorbs into the meat during cooking. Grease not so much.
      Do not brown the sausage as it will be overcooked..as NO fat or sugar it does not brown easy like store meat.

I did an entire cow last week. took less than 15 minutes to grind the entire thing.
      But as you know we all have our way of grinding and cooking and it all turns out GOOD!

Here is an excellent sausage recipe.. try it ..shame not to try it as it is Just TOO Easy.

4 cups ground meat. (2 lbs)
      2 teaspoons sage.
      1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper.
      1 teaspoon salt .
      1 teaspoon tender quick.
      1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne.
      Put all that in a small cup and mix with fork.

I Have a kitchen aid food mixer I stick the meat in the bowl and spread the meat out against the sides and sprinkle the seasonings onto the meat, best coverage that way.
      I then use the paddle mix blade and mix the meat for about 20 seconds or less.

NOW for Italian sausage add 2 teaspoons ground Fennel.

Perfect cooked in skillet then added to spaghetti sauce.
      We eat a lot of that.

Comment

I've tried swampratt's sausage. Really good stuff.
        "There\'s no such thing as a good gun. There\'s no such thing as a bad gun. A gun in the hands of a bad man is a very dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good person is no danger to anyone except the bad guys."

-Charlton Heston

Comment

Shamelessly stolen - a no added fat sausage recipe - that is magic for "our Charley".

Here is an excellent sausage recipe.. try it ..shame not to try it as it is Just TOO Easy.

4 cups ground meat. (2 lbs)
          2 teaspoons sage.
          1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper.
          1 teaspoon salt .
          1 teaspoon tender quick.
          1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne.
          Put all that in a small cup and mix with fork.

I Have a kitchen aid food mixer I stick the meat in the bowl and spread the meat out against the sides and sprinkle the seasonings onto the meat, best coverage that way.
          I then use the paddle mix blade and mix the meat for about 20 seconds or less.
          Support Bacteria,for some people, thats all the culture they have.

Former Northern Territory Rifle Association, Councillor.
          National Rifle Association of Australia.

Comment

My hunt buddy was here when I was grinding last year.
            I had just made some breakfast sausage , he had never had any.. he also brought his other friend over.
            I turned on the stove and set the cast iron skillet on it with a dollop of butter.

I cooked both of them some sausage as they were saying they liked the Blue and Gold sausage best.
            HA! that was until they tried this deer.
            Then I really blew their mind as they seen the limited ingredients.. I added 1 more ingredient..Grounf Fennel..I said it will transform into Italian sausage..They both smiled and called BS.
            Jokes on them..they took a piece of Italian sausage I had ground, seasoned and cooked right in front of them.

Amazed.
            They turned their next couple deer into sausage with that recipe.

Here is something I discovered.
            If I freeze meat with fat in it it goes a little funky tasting after about 2 years.
            I have removed deer meat i cut fat off of and froze after 10 years and it tastes perfectly fine.

Yes i have a chest and stand up freezer and stuff gets lost in the bottom of the chest freezer.

Comment

Working...
            X