This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *ATTENTION* - 2nd Sometime - Annual Gas Check Group Buy

Ok folks, time for the Gas Check Group Buy Madness to start again. I have learned a few things from the last group buy so I will be adding a few addendum's to the last time we did this. If you don't know what a gas check is ask in the casting section before placing an order. If you don't know what a group buy is ask. There was some confusion last time. These gas checks are from a manufacturer named Gator Checks and they are as good if not better then Hornady's, Lyman's Etc.

YOU MUST READ THE FOLLOWING RULES !!!!!!!!! If you ask a question that is answered here I will refer you back to this page I am not trying to be a smart ass but understand I am doing this on my own and life is to short to ask questions already answered. Sorry for the caps in some sections but I am doing that so there is no confusion as to what I am asking you for. And no I will not make any profit off this. I am doing it because of a great forum and a great bunch of guys. :thumbs: We need a minimum order of 50,000 gas checks to qualify for the discounts. Last Group buy we had 71,000 ordered.

#1. 2,000 gas checks are the minimum order. Purchased in lots of 1,000 of each caliber. (example: No 500 .30 cal and 1500 44 Cal. )

#2. This Group buy will be open until the 30 th of January 2012. After that no other orders will be taken.

#3. When you PM me with your order. YES PM ME !!!!!! don't post it on the forum, last time I overlooked a few and some did not get any. If you want to post it on the forum and PM me after that is fine.

#4. After you PM me with your NAME, SCREEN NAME, ADDRESS, ORDER AMOUNT I will get back to you with a total plus shipping. I usually will ship via USPS Priority mail small flat rate box (Maximum of 6,000 Gas Checks will fit in a small FR box) so figure about 6.00 for shipping to you. If you order more then 6K figure your shipping to be around 12.00 for US orders.

#5. Foreign orders. Yes I will ship internationally, understand that the cost of shipping will be high. So please wait for me to PM you with a shipping amount. I need the information above to do that.

#6. The more we buy the cheaper the prices will be. I will not send out a total to you until the group buy closes and I get a final total from the vendor. The prices below are approximates. These prices include shipping to me in bulk. I will have to repackage to ship to you so don't forget to add shipping to your total if your trying to figure out what total will approximately be.

#7. Payment will be by USPS Money order preferably. NO PAYPAL OR GPAL!!!!!!! When I PM you with a total and where to mail payment PLEASE!!!! put your Screen Name from this forum in the envelope on the Money order etc.. Last time I had to track down people who sent me money and I had no clue who they were and where to send their order.

#9. I will place the order after the group buy is closed. It will take about 3 weeks for the order to be completed by the manufacturer, then shipped to me and about 1 week for the order to be repacked to be shipped out to individuals. So figure around the 4th week of February or 1st week or March of 2012 to receive your orders. If your in a rush don't order.

# 9. Any complaining will require a $5.00 deposit before complaining. And will be added to your totals afterwards. :confused::shameon::wink:

The List:

Normal price - Group Buy Price

.224 -17.00 -14.00 per 1K (22 Caliber) example cal. -22-250,

.244- 19.00- 17.00 per 1K (243 Caliber) example cal. -243 Winchester

.257-20.00-18.00 per 1K (25 Caliber) example cal. -25-06, 257 Roberts

.264- 21.00-18.00 per 1K (6.5 MM Caliber) example cal. - 264 Win Mag.

.277 - 20.00 -18.00 per 1K (270 Caliber) example cal. -270 Winchester

.284- 20.00-18.00 per 1K (7mm Caliber) example cal. -7x57 Mauser

.308 - 22.00 -19.00 per 1K (30- 31Caliber) example cal. - 30-06, 303 Brit.

.323 -23.00- 21.00 per 1K (8mm Caliber) example cal. - 8mm Mauser

.338 -24.00 -21.00 per 1K (338 Caliber) example cal. -338 Win Mag.

.348 - 24.00 -21.00 per 1K (348 Caliber) example cal. - 348 Winchester

.358 - 20.00 -17.00 per 1K (38/357 Caliber-35 Rifle )example cal. - 357 Mag, 35 Whelen

.375- 24.00-21.00 per 1K (375 Caliber) example cal. -375 H&H

.410- 27.00-24.00 per 1K (41 Caliber) example cal. -41 Mag, 41AE (Read Notes below for 41 Cal.!!!!!!!!!!)

.416- 26.0023.00 per 1K ( 416 Caliber) example cal. - 416 Rigby

.430 - 27.00 -23.00 per 1K (44 Caliber) example cal. - 44 Mag, 44 Special

.452 - 27.00 - 23.00 per 1K (45 Pistol Caliber) example cal. -45 Long Colt

.458 - 29.00 -25.00 per 1K (45 Rifle Caliber)example cal. - 45/70, 458 Win Mag.

.475- 29.00- 25.00 per 1K (475 Caliber) example cal. - 475 Linebaugh - 480 Ruger

.500 - 40.00- 35.00 per 1K (50 Cal.) example cal. - 500 S&W (Read Notes below for 50 Cal.!)

NOTES: From the manufacturer

41 Cal. :

There are 3 different gas checks available for 41 Cal. Moulds.
    #1. Lyman Shank will measure .397 and will fit Lyman and some custom moulds.
    #2. Moulds made to use a .416 (BSS & Hornady) gas check will have a shank diameter of .392
    #3. recent moulds made by NEI and other custom mould makers use the improved BSS gas check made especially for the 40 and 41 cal. moulds.

When you place an order please indicate which of the 3 you wish.

50 Cal:

All are the same price as noted above, please indicate which it is for when ordering.

#1. 50 Cal. Short Rifle (.125 Deep Cup)
    #2. 50 Cal. Short Rifle (.80 Deep Cup)
    #3. 50 Cal. Pistol

Jeff / Slingshot

‘For those who fight for it, life has a 
flavor the sheltered will never know.’ - Quote from the movie Sucker Punch.

National Rifle Association Member
    Illinois State Rifle Association Member
    Elgin Illinois Masonic Lodge 117 A.F. & A.M.

This is an excellent opportunity for you casters out there to get your gas check needs filled. Last time I bought these in .224, .244 and .308. These checks fit all of my Lyman molds very nicely. I will need to order more.

I know for sure that Slingshot doesn't make a dime off of this. In fact, last time he ended up paying some postage out of his own pocket by the time it was all done. If you make a committment please stand by it.

ThanksJeff for providing this service. RD
    Every once in a while in life we need a policeman, a lawyer, a doctor and a preacher. We need a farmer three times a day, every day.

Et Canis Manducare Canis Mundi

Comment

Guys, We need 50,000 ordered to get a discount. This only comes around once a year. If you need checks now's the time. RD
      Every once in a while in life we need a policeman, a lawyer, a doctor and a preacher. We need a farmer three times a day, every day.

Comment

Is Dec 16th a drop dead date? If many are like me Dec the bank account gets pretty low.
        Any chance this could get extended to like say Jan 15th? I could buy more then.
        "Enabling bad behavior does not bring about good behavior.
        It just dulls the shovel so its harder to dig out when you finally get around to it." Said by Me

Comment

Yes, I am going to extend it till next month. I forgot about the holiday pocketbook until today. The wife took me Xmas shopping and I cried all the way home

Buy extended till January 15th of 2012 .

Slingshot

Comment

Let me check what I could use and get back with you. I've generally bought gas checks at estate sales and gunshows, so I'm pretty ahead on stock. Guess I could alway use more, though.
            "The fact that guns can kill another human being is the whole point. That\'s why they are so darn good at deterring violent criminals". Ann Coulter

Comment

i'm pretty well set on everything but .308's , while i have hopes of expanding my gas checked mold supply i still have to feed what i have first , since you extended the date count me in on at least 2K .308's and if finances allows it maybe more ( i'm still sorting out the damage from the 2 week hunting trip :P )
              (happy shootin\'-the best way to get empty brass!)

:reloadandshoot:

Comment

fryboy wrote:
                i'm pretty well set on everything but .308's , while i have hopes of expanding my gas checked mold supply i still have to feed what i have first , since you extended the date count me in on at least 2K .308's and if finances allows it maybe more ( i'm still sorting out the damage from the 2 week hunting trip :P )
                fryboy, Did you abide by rule number 3 in the first post? RD

Comment

of course not lolz i'm waiting to closer to the deadline so hopefully i'll be able to increase it :P

Comment

erm 15,000 , per PM ie; 2,000 @.308 ( currently trying to save pennies for more [dratz] maybe santa will be nice to me ? :P )

Comment

Per PM I added a 1000

.358 - 20.00 -17.00 per 1K (38/357 Caliber-35 Rifle )example cal. - 357 Mag, 35 Whelen

Dont have any GC'ed bullets for them yet. But real sure Fryboy will point me in the right direction.
                      "Enabling bad behavior does not bring about good behavior.
                      It just dulls the shovel so its harder to dig out when you finally get around to it." Said by Me

Comment

So far the orders in are:

A Pause for the Coz - 2,000 - 30 Cal & 1,000 .358 Cal. = 3K

Rocky Dog - 2,000 - 30 Cal. = 2 K

Cyberguy - 1,000 - 30 Cal. & 1,000 - 264 Cal. = 2K

Rainyday - 2,000 45 Cal (rifle), 2,000 - 30 Cal. & 1,000 338 Cal.= 5K

Slingshot - 1,000 - 30 Cal. & 1,000 - 44 Cal. & 1,000 .358 Cal. = 3K

Woodsman777 - 2,000 - 30 Cal. & 2,000 - .452 Cal. = 4K

Fryboy - 2,000 - 30 Cal. = 2K

BPCR_Bill - 3,000 - 45 Cal (rifle .458) = 3K

Total so far : 24,000

Comment

Bump with new totals

Comment

I'm a new member so bear with me if my questions are common knowledge. Copper or aluminum GC's? Hornady, Lyman, or a lesser known brand? Pete

Comment

I just put in an order via PM for 6000 gas checks in various calibers.

You can never have enough of those little devils.

Comment

Working...
                              X