Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTB: If you will be going to the shoot in May...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Rockydog , I thought I had heard you say that in the past. Some say the short necks are a problem, but having loaded 300Savage previously, I don't see how they could be any worse. I would consider the 270Gibbs out of the lineup.
    It's not that Democrats are so damned ignorant. Their problem is that everything they know is wrong.

Wimachtendienk, Wingolauchsik, Witahemui

He who knows not and knows not that he knows not, is a fool.
    He who knows not and knows he knows not, is wise.

Comment

Originally posted by olyeller View Post
      Thanks Rockydog , I thought I had heard you say that in the past. Some say the short necks are a problem, but having loaded 300Savage previously, I don't see how they could be any worse. I would consider the 270Gibbs out of the lineup.
      The .300 Savage neck is .192 in length. The Gibbs cartridges are .225 - .255 depending on whose reamer you buy. Part of wildcat cartridges....
      Every once in a while in life we need a policeman, a lawyer, a doctor and a preacher. We need a farmer three times a day, every day.

Et Canis Manducare Canis Mundi

Comment

I decided to add a 6 Dasher barrel to my spring build, so I should have plenty to play with. After reading about fire-forming and talking with Robert at APR, it became apparent that fire-forming was the least consistent method for a Dasher hydro-forming would yield better results. It is even money to pay someone to hydro-form vs. buying the Widden die kit. While the convenience of sending the brass off was tempting, I ordered the kit.

Any tips on getting consistent volume with this process?
        Friends don't let friends shoot factory ammo.

Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.
        -Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by golong View Post
          I appreciate the consideration. In some ways I think the more rare, the more interesting. I can have dies milled out if needed, but ideally if it is that odd then maybe I can cut a deal that includes the dies.

Years ago it was pretty easy to buy used stuff. Now that sites that had individuals selling local don't allow firearm listings so it is pretty hard. Shops out here are stupid expensive on used firearms. I have purchased new for $50 more than a used model that was probably no more than 10 years old. And pistols - they think that firing them adds value. Same for used reloading equipment. I also can't get myself to trust a lot of the stuff on see on the used racks. People just don't take care of stuff.
          Golong, I hear you on the above statement about used firearms. Seems to me the price is going up and up and not down. Not sure what the hell is driving this trend, but it's hurting my collection!
          We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.

~Ronald Reagan

Comment

Don't recall to whom I sold that 6.5-06 Ackley Improved to, but I wish I had kept that rifle. That thing was one hell of a shooter and that was just with fire forming loads. God only knows how accurate that rifle would have been had I spent some time working up a load.
            We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.

~Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by SavageShooter View Post
              Golong, I hear you on the above statement about used firearms. Seems to me the price is going up and up and not down. Not sure what the hell is driving this trend, but it's hurting my collection!
              To me it's gotten to the point that I pretty much look at it as two different used markets. There's the fantasy world where collectors live where nothing moves. Then there's real world prices where stuff is actually bought and sold at.

Comment

Yeah TC730w, but it seems to me that these two worlds are coming closer and closer and not in the direction one would like.

~Ronald Reagan

Comment

Working...
                X