This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention Members Posting Items for Sale or Wanting To Buy

Posting items for sale, or wanted to buy,on The Handloadersbench is a privilege not a right. We ask that you are an active and participating member of this site. We offer this service for free and for the benefit of our members. If you joined this site just to sell things, this is not the site for you. We also ask that you have at least 25 posts before posting items for sale. If you are not a participating member, you may or may not receive notification, but, your ad will simply be deleted. If you persist in posting items for sale, without regard for the rules, your account will be deleted and access to this site will be blocked. Items should be limited to shooting, hunting and outdoor related items. Again, this also includes WTB ( want to buy) items as well.
    please note - being a participating member is much more than mere two word post such as "looks good" "nice" etc et;al , as always it is left to the mod's and admin's discretion and they have the site's best interest in mind ( and we hope you do as well ), we are about handloading and learning of handloading not merely selling or buying of assorted related stuff , when used properly the selling and swapping section can be a boon , if abused we all suffer ...

Last edited by Rockydog; 12-07-2017, 21:38.
    (happy shootin\'-the best way to get empty brass!)

:reloadandshoot:

I did not join this site just to sell things and was not aware of the 25 post rule. I am in Canada and participate in the HuntingBC.ca website as a member in good standing and there was no minimum post rule so I never thought it was an issue. I joined this site to see what was happening in the reloading world and what the latest buzz was, nothing more.
    Thought it was cool to see stuff for sale as well.
    25 posts could take me a while as I am a busy man that does not sit in front of a computer all day

Comment

.330, You seem like an honest guy and we'd love to allow you to sell your stuff. Unfortunately we've had a few guys in the past who came on here with the express intention of doing nothing but selling stuff and ripping people off. Fortunately we have some of the admin staffers who participate on other boards and recognized these guys for who they were before someone got ripped off. We were forced to take some kind of action to allow us to "get the measure of the man" before we allow selling. I'm truly sorry that these jerks had to mess up things for everybody but we wouldn't be doing our job if we didn't try to moderate this somehow in the best interest of the members, yourself included. Rockydog
      Every once in a while in life we need a policeman, a lawyer, a doctor and a preacher. We need a farmer three times a day, every day.

Et Canis Manducare Canis Mundi

Comment

Do I have to have 25 posts to buy something?

Comment

Weimsnks wrote:
          Do I have to have 25 posts to buy something?
          no sir ,this policy was implemented because of a few spammers and individuals who came here only to sell things ,it's something we provide free for participating members ,sadly it was on a honor system and those whom abused it kind of made it needed,the want to buy adds tho one should have the 25 post count ( or a mod may delete them at his discretion )while we have few instances of abuse ,we're hoping we have even less after this , one thing tho ? it also lets people know that ur really one of the guys as opposed someone who just popped in and may be trying to rip someone off ( rare but it does happen)one easy way if u've been here a bit is drop by the hello forum and welcome a few new members ,makes them feel at home as well as promotes interaction among members

Comment

I kind of figured that would be your answer.
            Funny I can spend it here but can't make it here

You really think if you force a person to post 25 times that makes them more honorable than the next guy? Somehow that makes no sense to me.

You should really take a look at how the classifieds are done on 24hr campfire.

I will take and money and go elsewhere. so you may close my account.

Comment

Weimsnks wrote:

You really think if you force a person to post 25 times that makes them more honorable than the next guy?  Somehow that makes no sense to me.

umm thaz ur choice amigo if u look at cast boolit's forum it's setup almost identical and it works well there,if ur really after making money there's e-bay craigs list gun broker etc etc and if it's only about making money as in a business there is also a business add section here,the loading room shelf isnt something that we have to have ,and if ur here just to sell then this obviously isnt the forum for u IMO as that's not what this forum is about ,this whole thing was debated by many people above me and in the forums best interest,happy trails where ever they lead

Comment

Most forums on the 'net impose this system. SniperHide makes you wait until you have 51posts! Does 51 posts make you more honest then 25? Probably not, but it gives what is called "The measure of the man....".

As for your 'threats' to take your money to someplace else. That's great by me. This forum is here first and foremost for the sharing of ideas and information. If that doesn't fit into your making some money agenda.....oh well, I won't loose any sleep!

Your account will not be deleted. It would leave holes in the forum...

Scott (got some nerve dude) B
                \"Handloadersbench.com, it\'s founders and staff, and UltraBB do not condone, and will not facilitate or otherwise aid in the commission of, any criminal act.

Comment

Weimsnks wrote:

You really think if you force a person to post 25 times that makes them more honorable than the next guy? Somehow that makes no sense to me.

This isn`t 24 Hour Campfire. As for your money, I don`t think any of us asked for it:confused:. So perhaps"elsewhere" is a good place for you.
                  "He who fights with monsters might take care, lest he thereby become a monster; For if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - F.Nietzche
                  [IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y45/Timberghozt/cib-1.gif[/IMG]

Comment

I'm really liking it here! DrtyD :lol:
                    "To disarm the people
                    is the best and most effectual way
                    to enslave them." George Mason

Comment

sdb777 wrote:
                      Most forums on the 'net impose this system. SniperHide makes you wait until you have 51posts! Does 51 posts make you more honest then 25? Probably not, but it gives what is called "The measure of the man....".
                      Unfortunately those who are trying to reach the magical 25 or 51 post totals are those that leave only reply's like "+1", "agreed" or some dumb a$$ emoticon time after time. How much do these type of reply's really add to these forums? ZERO. Reply posts as I just mentioned define "The measure of the man...."? Not as far as I am concerned.

I must say that I was a bit surprised at the tone of the two Board Founders as well as the one Administrator. I did not expect to find that here.
                      "Be A Good Listener. Your Ears Will Never Get You In Trouble"

Comment

umm i'm kinda surprised that there are those who wish to break or disrespect the simple rules [shrugz]

Comment

fryboy wrote:
                          umm i'm kinda surprised that there are those who wish to break or disrespect the simple rules [shrugz]
                          +1

Comment

+2
                            Outlaws are better than Inlaws anyday!
                            Riding for Jesus.

Comment

BTW rules are rules and we all know what they are when we join one of these forums. Live with them or go somewhere else. No one is holding anyone cyberhostage are they?

See that now I'm at ten posts:lol:
                              Outlaws are better than Inlaws anyday!
                              Riding for Jesus.

Comment

Working...
                              X