Need 222Rem brass and dies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need 222Rem brass and dies

Looking to trade for or buy 222 Remington brass. I have 223, 380 auto, 9MM, 45 auto, and 40 S&W brass, that I can trade or will buy if the price is right. I would like to get at least 60 rds of 222 Rem to load for a friend.
    I will also like to find a set of used 222Rem loading dies. I have 38/357, 30-06 or 30-30 dies or will buy yours if the price is right.
    The best things in life are free...but I\'ve had to earn each one of them.

I can't help with the brass but I do have a set of 222 Rem RCBS dies. The issue with them is that they are missing the sizing button and the decapping pin. I see you reload for .223? I took the button off my set of 223 dies and it threaded right on the 222's rod. Can't include mine just explaining how to get them to run without buying new. I'd trade for brass.

Comment

Comment

Graf's sells the decapping pin and expander for about $8, or call RCBS customer service an they will more than likely send you one for free.
        "The fact that guns can kill another human being is the whole point. That\'s why they are so darn good at deterring violent criminals". Ann Coulter

Comment

Sent you PM for the dies.
          I came to the oilfield to get rich now I got to stay to eat.

Comment

You can make .222 cases from once fired .223 cases. Not hard to do just run the .223 cases into the .222 die and trim to length. Check lower neck diameter and rifle chamber to insure room for the neck to open. It may require neck turning.

If you are going to have both cartridges around paint the face of the case heads with enamel and wipe the paint off after partially dry leaving the headstamps full of colored paint. RD
            Last edited by Rockydog; 12-30-2017, 11:53.
            Every once in a while in life we need a policeman, a lawyer, a doctor and a preacher. We need a farmer three times a day, every day.

Comment

Wise advice as to trimming .223, much more common and works great!
              Just keep 'em segregated.
              ...just waiting for the reign to end.

Comment

I've got a line on a set of used 222 dies. Told you yesterday, this is just a reminder! I'll find out about the dies Friday.
                "The fact that guns can kill another human being is the whole point. That\'s why they are so darn good at deterring violent criminals". Ann Coulter

Comment

Thanks guys, this project is completed. I tried to find a way to delete the request, but couldn't. Anyway thanks for all the info and effort.
                  The best things in life are free...but I\'ve had to earn each one of them.

Comment

Working...
                  X