Announcement

Collapse

New Chat Room

The new chat room is floating on the bottom right hand corner of your screen. You will have to login to chat. But don't forget to log out when you are done, otherwise it will keep you listed as active.
See more
See less

IDPA shooters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Were I live in NE PA there are quite a few IDPA clubs. My club is one of them. There are usually 2 local matches within a 1.5 hour drive every week weather permitting. So I could shoot a local match every week. I know of two clubs that hold mid-week matches also. This is a good place to be if you are interested in IDPA

There is also quite a bit of USPSA clubs and several ICORE clubs. There are also a couple of clubs that hold what they call "defensive shooting" matches. These are basically IDPA rules but not as stringent and strictly local. A lot of people are getting tired of the shift in emphasis away from IDPAs original intent and the trend into complex rules and equipment races.

Personally, I'm only shooting local IDPA matches this year. The pressure and expense of sanctioned matches quite frankly take all of the fun out of it for me. I do intend to classify for the year.

I'm marksman in SSP. The rule changes I think will put my gear into ESP because my understanding is SSP will become strict DAO and I use a striker fire. I may get a Glock 19 and compete in Compact division. But I have a S&W Revolver and will probably attempt a few matches with that and also CDP with my 1911. I have everything I need gear wise to shoot in all of those divisions, including BUG.
    Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ. Acts 2:36

I do, in-fact, handload a lot of 9mm

Comment

Going to start IDPA when shoulder starts working after surgery. Not sure whether to go with S&W or Glock. I have a Series 70 I used for IPSC but the matches I've seen locally lean more to high cap 9mm's.
      Never drink down stream from the herd.

Comment

Old Cop I believe it's 10 rounds in the magazine max no matter what the capacity.

I shoot a few matches a year around Pittsburgh.
        I play Choctaw bingo every Friday night.

Comment

http://www.idpa.com/

they have the "find a club"
          http://www.idpa.com/
          part of the first webpage.
          I am using that as a guide to where I want to move to. That and the NRA find a range are valuable resources.

We have a local IDPA club that I shoot matches at as schedule permits. It is fun and very much a learning experence for anyone that has not shot competation from the holster before.

Comment

DarkShooter wrote:
            Old Cop I believe it's 10 rounds in the magazine max no matter what the capacity.

Where around the 'burgh are there matches? I travel up to there and might be able to make it sometime.
            They may have the clocks, but we have the time...

Comment

mikeingeorgia wrote:
              DarkShooter wrote:

Where around the 'burgh are there matches? I travel up to there and might be able to make it sometime.
              Colonial Shooting Academy. I believe there is a match 1/7. They have one every other Wed. Check their web site to be sure of the date. One of their regulars said he is pretty sure about the 7th. Nice range. Cleaner than some cafes I've been in.

John
              Never drink down stream from the herd.

Comment

mikeingeorgia wrote:
                DarkShooter wrote:

Indiana County Bow and Gun Club, Beaver Valley Rifle & Pistol Club and Pitcain-Monroeville Sportsmans Club.

Comment

I started shooting IDPA a few months ago in KY. Two clubs that hold matches are reasonably close, so I shoot two matches a month. I shoot either a Springfield XD9 or a S&W Model 15 .38 Special, depending on how I feel that day :wink:
                  "Don\'t fall for a night in shining armor, he\'s never been to war".

Comment

Shooting a revolver is a lot of fun! I use my S&W 10 4" pencil barrel sometimes.

Comment

I have been shooting IDPA for about 9 years now. I started with the bottom loaders but now almost exclusively run a 4" model 15 smith.
                      It sure is fun beating the tactical tupperware with a revolver.

Comment

Pistol competition kind of has its own set of problems in Canada doesn't it?
                        NRA Endowment member
                        NRA Range Technical Team Advisor
                        TSRA member
                        NRA certified pistol coach-Retired
                        NRA classified Master, F-Class mid-range
                        Velocity is like a new car, always losing value
                        BC is like diamonds, maintaining value forever

Comment

I've shot IDPA since the late 90's, but not always regularly (life gets too busy and my free time or spare money go away), so I come and go.
                          I shot CDP back when CDP power level was 177,000
                          CDP with either my 1911's or my BUG
                          ESP (with a single action single stack 9mmP)
                          SSP (with my BUG (my BUG can be run DA/SA or SAO))
                          and Back Up Gun (BUG).

Love it, miss it, shoot it when I can, as well as 3-gun.

Comment

I realise this thread is a bit old but i'm relatively new to the forum so wanted to chime in. I shoot IDPA in Waterloo Ia. So far i've only shot two matches, last one was cancelled. I shoot with a Sig P320 9mm full frame.
                            Never thought I would be able to shoot pistol with both eyes open, surprisingly, it just came natural in my first match. Didnt even realise I was doing it at first. Getting a DT head shot on a swinging target will inspire confidence in your abilities. First place isnt my concern so much as not catching penalties so Im still a little slower than the more experienced guys. It's a lot of fun and if you carry concealed responsibly, practice is always a good thing.

Comment

Working...
                            X