No announcement yet.

Best ear muffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know about being the best, very subjection able I went with the Howard Lites work well for me, battery shut with no use helps to hear range voices, comfortable to wear,.
    Mtman714; A man can do no better then to leave a good garden patch. Thomas Jefferson

Comment

The best for the price I've found are the #35 Midway ones. I need to order another set as my son took mine for school (ASD spectrum)

Comment

Quite a number of opinions express here and no clear consensus. However mine was clearly the most correct answer.
        Good judgement comes from experience,
        and a lot of that comes from bad judgement.
        Mark Twain

Comment

I shoot 3 gun matchs. Need good protection but still hear the RO and timer. I use Howard Leight Impact (need a slim or tactical so they dont bump my stock). I will put in molded plugs and the ear muff on top with the electronic turned up. This combination lets me hear everything and still tame the loudest sounds for less than $50. Its hard to find slim muffs that provide enough protection by them selves.

Comment

Originally posted by daboone View Post
            Quite a number of opinions express here and no clear consensus. However mine was clearly the most correct answer.
            Seeing good reviews, and flat out negative reviews that say they are uncomfortable and not good for small ears. Are you happy with the way they "feel" or more just a fan of how they work?
            Friends don't let friends shoot factory ammo.

Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.
            -Winston Churchill

Comment

Both a cool comfortable and excellent voice transmission but not the muzzle blast.
              Good judgement comes from experience,
              and a lot of that comes from bad judgement.
              Mark Twain

Comment

It will be a few days before I can try out my new muffs. Major landscaping work going on at my house. I will post results asap.
                NRA Endowment member
                NRA Range Technical Team Advisor
                TSRA member
                NRA certified pistol coach-Retired
                NRA classified Master, F-Class mid-range
                Velocity is like a new car, always losing value
                BC is like diamonds, maintaining value forever

Comment

Any review yet?
                  Columbia Falls, MT
                  If we don’t speak out against the infringements of today, it will weaken our ability to stop the next infringements.
                  Since it took 26th Amendment to change voting age, expanding rights under 14th Amendment. Why doesn't same requirement, to restrict rights, extend to 2nd Amendment?

NRA Benefactor Life, NRA Ring of Freedom, NRA-ILA Partner in Freedom, GOA Patriot, SAF, Oath Keepers

Comment

I've had these MSA Sordid Supreme ear muffs with the gel cups for about 9 mo. now. I'm very pleased with them. I still use plugs and muffs when on the firing line with flash suppressors being shot by other shooters but with my new muffs and ear plugs in even the loudest muzzle blasts are reduced to a very acceptable decibel level.
                    NRA Endowment member
                    TSRA member

Comment

55 years ago I bought David Clark ear muffs. they were the ones that the airport tarmack guys used. Pilots also use them almost exclusively. I paid $40 then....now they are 30-45 bepending upon the model.

Mine have been rebuilt more than twice, parts always available. Still using them; and the guys at the airport are still using them, all SS.

Comment

I needed to be able to adjust the volume on mine in order to hear range commands.
                        NRA Endowment member
                        TSRA member

Comment

what .

Comment

Working...
                          X