No announcement yet.

I am building a benchrest rifle for me and the kids,There is one boy 5 girls

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a 20 MOA rail I hope to get my rifle back this summer, I had a new barrel put on my Sharps, I'm hoping to have a good year competing with it while I'm waiting on my new rifle to get finished.

Comment

My rifle is done I sent him the check, he should be able to send it to ND this weekend, I should have it next week. He put a Brux barrel in 6BR barrel on the action, I have the 6 CM and 6x45 that fit it also, you can see it if you have face book go to https://www.wheeleraccuracy.com/rifle-components and click on face book it the set of pictures that look like this.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	6BR.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	836944

Comment

Very nice Randy. Sure you will like the Brux barrel on it. I have one in my 284 Win.
        I like those rails and rudder on the stock.
        "The United States Marine Corps is a drug and I am a recovering addict."

"American by birthright… U.S. MARINE by the Grace of GOD!"

"And on the 8th day God created Marines and like fish, we came from the sea!"

Comment

The 6BR barrel was a last minute decision, That means more $$$$$$ sxxt,,, It will be awhile before I get my Brass, dies and A&D FX120i scale, 21 Century said it will take 5 weeks to get to get the Hydro Arbor press

Comment

I’m going to start a new post on this rifle when I get it. This will be the end of this one. I will post my site and target later, Thanks for the help everybody.

Comment

Randy C, I am interested in the results of your Hydro Arbor press. Been thinking about one, also think my arbor press gives me good feed back on seating pressure, so I guess I am a little torn as to making the investment. Mentioning 4 daughters, that must be quite interesting. After raising 2 sons, I now have 3 grand daughters and am daily learning the difference. It is a privileged to be with them, but they are far more complicated.

Comment

The kids are my cousins they can be a hand full my wife loves the girls, I hang out with the boy the most but they are at that age now they are allays to busy to visit. we use to be with them every weekend.

I shot the rifle today but I got rained out and I'm to tired to say much. I had to sight it in,, that took me to long. the last two groups I was holding the rifle,,I did not use the rear bag. I need to learn how to set it up so it will track in the front and rear bag. 15mph NW Wind Varget powder Berger Hybrid 105gr bullets.
                The last group was a 5 shot group 29.9gr the next 4 groups would of been 5 shot but rained out.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1062.jpg Views:	1 Size:	52.2 KB ID:	840235
                Last edited by Randy C; 1 week ago.

Comment

Working...
                X