Offer to disabled hunters.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offer to disabled hunters.

I am new to this forum, would like to let all the disabled shooters know that if any of you are interested in doing some deer hunting this fall or just some shooting my property is available to any of you at no charge. I have a small parcel with plenty of deer and some black bear. I can take you directly to a stand location where i have ground blinds i can set up for you to hunt from. If you hunt from the ground it is shotgun/blackpowder only, rifles can be used 10 ft off the ground. I am located in southeast Virginia and if you can make it here i will make sure you get a chance to hunt. Our archery season opens September 1st, blackpowder opens the first Saturday in November, gun is the third Saturday in November to the first Saturday in January, then archery until the end of March. Would love to have you out, let me know if you would be interested in setting something up.

Also our archery season allows for the use of a crossbow, no special permit required.

Is this a "free" offer?
    Homo sapiens, [ˈhōmō ˈsāpēənz] Noun. An advanced primate characterized by a large brain which it seldom uses.

Comment

Yes this is free. I am lucky enough to have an area with plenty of deer and it is easily accessible, it is only fair to share it with those who would otherwise not be able to do the things they love to do.

Comment

Thanks for the response. That's a nice thing to do.
        Homo sapiens, [ˈhōmō ˈsāpēənz] Noun. An advanced primate characterized by a large brain which it seldom uses.

Comment

WebbsWholesales wrote:
          Yes this is free. I am lucky enough to have an area with plenty of deer and it is easily accessible, it is only fair to share it with those who would otherwise not be able to do the things they love to do.
          WebbsWholesales,

What an outstanding offer sir! :thumbs: Need more folks like you. Keep us posted if people take you up on your offer. Love to hear about their experience.
          We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.

~Ronald Reagan

Comment

Very nice thing to do. Thank you for making such a generous offer. Good karma will follow!!!
            I\'m not sure if I shoot to reload, or reload to shoot !!! Both are habit forming.
            When in doubt, empty the magazine !!!

Comment

Thanks for offering this. I know there are a lot of people that would jump at this offer. If you would be interested in extending your offer to members of another forum of disabled hunters let me know and I'll get you in contact with them.

Bill
              "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

“Never Retreat...Just Reload.”

Comment

Hello and welcome to Hand Loaders Bench, First off!
                And thank you for offering such a generous thing for those who are disabled. Need more people like you out there!

Comment

hopefully i will get an interested hunter, i know on a national forum location may be an issue sometimes, but maybe there is someone close who will be interested.

Comment

That's a very kind offer! Thanks from those of us who don't get around well. I'm sure you'll make someone very happy.
                    Don
                    Don Christensen
                    Creator of A Far Cry
                    Disabilities Coordinator for Babe Winkelman Productions

"May your hunts be long and your drags short"

Comment

It's people like you Sir that give America hope. God Bless you. RP
                      The Yankee Imperialist of yesteryear is the
                      liberal of today RP

Comment

Haven't had any takers yet , i have a few decent bucks that have been seen, had 6 bucks in the field the other evening, also have plenty of bears on camera in the woods.

Comment

Hi friend,
                          Any chance I could come hunt. My name is Jerry Stephens I am 60 with lots of years of hunting but little opportunity these days. I live near Hershey PA and could come down for a hunt any time. I have rifle shotgun bow (need to practice) muzzle loader as well.

I have the good fortune of recovering from some very bad injuries that have taken years of surgery. Hit from behind at a traffic light very hard. Just to know you have this offer is a great encouragement. Thank you very much.

I am willing to provide ammunition for any one that shoots calibers I custom reload. 30-06 280 remington 243 winchester 30-30 260 remington 762x39 22-250 and 308 oh yeah 6.5 55 swede too. I assist some local disabled hunters from church by providing ammo and guns.

Comment

No problem at all, send me a pm with your info and when you would like to come down. Muzzleloader starts november 4th and I am off for 3 weeks. We can work out the details.

Comment

My Contact info is ###########Hummelstown, PA 17036 My phone bill needs to be paid this week. (my son over did it) But my number is ###-###-####. I can recieve text messages to this phone number on my Mac or my phone at the moment when at the home WIFI.
                              I work limited part time for a law office doing legal research and writing. I have not been on a vacation for many years. Went through so many surgeries from 2002 to 2011. Now I am good to go shoot regularly at my local club. I wrote an introduction for new members you can look at so folks can get to know me.

I cant thank you enough for the offer. I would do the same since I understand how it is to become disconnected from active life. At this time I am fine getting into a tree stand and walking etc. I just take it easy. I have a friend Dan Zipf from church I would like to mention this to. He is my best friend here and has been shooting for 6 years since I gave him a remington 700 I have coached him and others here for that time. He has never bagged a deer yet. I have designed some shooting sticks for him etc to help him steady his aim. I supply him with all his ammo. I am due to run allot of reloads soon but have plenty of ammo on hand. I am very meticulous and everything gets weighed to the 1/10th grain etc. My son is Joe and he likes to shoot went out yesteday he will be 27 this friday. He took care of me for years when I was a "train wreck" he lives near by in Lancaster, PA. He has his PA license and a 270.
                              I am a good shot and will kill what I shoot at. I am very considerate and will do what I can to return the favor.

Yours,
                              Jerry Stephens

Comment

Working...
                              X