Wheelchair accessible reloading bench, table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheelchair accessible reloading bench, table

I'm looking for some ideas for a reloading bench that will work well for a chair bound reloader. The one I am using needs replaced as it seems like almost everything is either in the way or out of reach.:bawlbag:

Are you looking for ideas of one to buy or to build? My benches are all Frankenbenches that I built with leftover lumber from a home construction. How much space do you need? Give us a few more details of what your needs are. There are some very resourceful folks who are members here.
    If it weren't for double standards, liberals would have no standards at all.

"Ammo and really good friends are hard to find in a gunfight so I bring them with me" E. J. Owens

Comment

muleman,
      Need more info: how many presses, single or progressive, pistol, rifle, shotgun, room for scale, tumbler, storage in open space shared room or have a separate room just
      for guns and loading ???
      Need to know WISH LIST !!!:thumbs:
      Tight Lines / Shoot Often
      NRA Life Member / Certified Instructor
      Friends of the FORTY FIVE

RUFFIAN

Comment

Also things to consider...chair height, your arm reach, how close to the bench can you get in the chair, and other dimensions. Depending on the height, you could have built a bench with cantilevered supports, so your legs and chair don't bump the bench. Wouldn't work very well on a deep bench, say 24 inches or more, bench, but if you are limited to 18 inches deep or so, a design like that should work.
        "The fact that guns can kill another human being is the whole point. That\'s why they are so darn good at deterring violent criminals". Ann Coulter

Comment

What I use now is a huge gov.surplus desk,3'x5' plenty of storage drawers on both sides. Chair fits it fine as long as all equipment is right in front of me. What would work great is a set up like a turret press with all equipment mounted on a turntable. Square would work better than round all I would need to do is rotate it and lock it down. The center turn able an anchor point and a locking point has me scratching my head.

Comment

http://www.skf.com/binary/30-228380/...e-Feb-2014.pdf

http://www.skf.com/us/products/other...les/index.html

Something like this, with top added?
            Columbia Falls, MT
            If we don’t speak out against the infringements of today, it will weaken our ability to stop the next infringements.
            Since it took 26th Amendment to change voting age, expanding rights under 14th Amendment. Why doesn't same requirement, to restrict rights, extend to 2nd Amendment?

NRA Benefactor Life, NRA Ring of Freedom, NRA-ILA Partner in Freedom, GOA Patriot, SAF, Oath Keepers

Comment

that would do on a smaller scale

Comment

The smallest one is only 3 1/4" square, 1 3/4" tall, and weighs 3 1/2 lbs, it also indexes every 90 degrees.

There are also smaller lazy Susan bearing, used in cabinet making, but I don't think they would be stout enough.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-...9548/203661089
                Columbia Falls, MT
                If we don’t speak out against the infringements of today, it will weaken our ability to stop the next infringements.
                Since it took 26th Amendment to change voting age, expanding rights under 14th Amendment. Why doesn't same requirement, to restrict rights, extend to 2nd Amendment?

NRA Benefactor Life, NRA Ring of Freedom, NRA-ILA Partner in Freedom, GOA Patriot, SAF, Oath Keepers

Comment

Can you put a thick piece of 6" wide steel by 3/4" thick and let it hang off the bench.
                  Live life to the fullest everday, live everyday like it was your last day on the planet.

Comment

How about this with a 2 foot x 2 foot 3/4 plywood screwed to it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120500387259...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

This would be even better...hold 1000 pounds.

https://smile.amazon.com/Shepherd-Ha...+susan+bearing

Keep in mind a1 foot x 1 foot square is going to need about 17" to clear when turning.

An 18" x18" would need nearly 26" to clear when turning

A 2 foot by 2 foot will need nearly 34 " to clear when turning it.

After reading again....I may have misunderstood. I thought you were looking for something to keep supplies within reach. If you are talking to mount your presses, that is a whole different species! LOL
                    Have a good 'un, thecyberguy
                    Support our troops....they are someone\'s kids.

Remember..."No matter where you go,~ there you are!"

Comment

Well what popped in mind was a U shaped bench were up 5 presses could be mounted. Depth and height and reach could custom to chair and person in the chair. Would be my way even though not wheel chair bound but office chair to roll around, think the shelf space.

Comment

Working...
                      X