New arrows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New arrows

New,but probably 25 y.o. snagged off epay. Bought the Trebark 2117's,dipped and crested 4 1/2" shield cut. Young feather burner and 4 Bitzenburgers makes short work.

I shoot competition 3D with hotrod recurves and longbows.Been at it from the invention of McKenzie targets back in the 1980's.

I usually go through a cpl dz shafts a season..... the last 1/2 dz get broadheads screwed on for hunting. These are for 2019.... got another dz of carbons to set up. Will post up a pic of those when done. They were a Christmas gift from one of my sons last year. I still like aluminum but,they just keep getting harder and harder to find.

I have a 1953 Bear Recurve 60 lb pull, I’m course what it’s worth

Comment

I may take it to the gun show, looks like you did good.
      Last edited by Randy C; 11-20-2018, 12:18.

Comment

Randy,if it's straight,as in no limb twist..... and in pretty good shape,depending on model.... you're gonna get the best $$ selling it on Ebay.

Just have to take a bunch of pics. But look on the bay to see what your model is bringing.

A gun show wouldn't be my pick of places to sell it. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Intheshop View Post
          New,but probably 25 y.o. snagged off epay. Bought the Trebark 2117's,dipped and crested 4 1/2" shield cut. Young feather burner and 4 Bitzenburgers makes short work.

I shoot competition 3D with hotrod recurves and longbows.Been at it from the invention of McKenzie targets back in the 1980's.

I usually go through a cpl dz shafts a season..... the last 1/2 dz get broadheads screwed on for hunting. These are for 2019.... got another dz of carbons to set up. Will post up a pic of those when done. They were a Christmas gift from one of my sons last year. I still like aluminum but,they just keep getting harder and harder to find.
          I'm glad to hear aluminum arrows are still in demand. I just looked at some I have not 5 minutes ago when I was cleaning out a shed here, first time I've seen them in years. They're Easton xx75 2117s. My son in law is a hunter and hunting guide and usually kills a couple of deer a year hisself. I asked my daughter a few years ago if he'd want them and she said he only used carbon, I thought okay. I'd love to get back into shooting a bow but I have a bad elbow so it's probably just a dream.

Comment

My cedar arrows work just fine.

Comment

Bear,I still shoot woodys..... heck,make the dang shafts on one of our moulding machines.It spits m out 3 at a time,23/64".

But,we shoot in the rain and they get so saturated it just becomes too much work. They shoot great on nice days.

Comment

Polyeuthrane?

Body shot deer thed to snap them off.

I like the fiberglass of the '60s; still have 1 doz target shafts for my Browing.

Comment

Another dz.... these are 400 spine carbons. Destination, pro 3D archery,tearing up east coast circuits. Will shoot an action pic once completed

Comment

Nice cresting.
                    Mtman714; A man can do no better then to leave a good garden patch. Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Comment

Comment

Am still a computer klutz....

Building some new woodys,thought y'all might like more archery equipment pics as well. Gotta a bunch of old U.S. "arn".

Comment

Mid 40's Walker Turner in minty condition..... this is the "full base" model. Air over hyd vise..... and a Craftsman 618 lathe bed that gets used for a bunch of fixturing.

Arrows are old Gamegetter's 2117 that I fletched up a col weeks ago for one of my sons.

Comment

New 2215's,3.... 4" Turkey feathers. Crummy pic but,this is the oft misunderstood 1939 16" Walker Turner bandsaw. Cast iron base was broken in several places,which we Tigged up. The tires were m.i.a. and got custom rubber epoxied on,then lathe turned to crown and trued up.

Comment

Working...
                              X