Announcement

Collapse

New Chat Room

The new chat room is floating on the bottom right hand corner of your screen. You will have to login to chat. But don't forget to log out when you are done, otherwise it will keep you listed as active.
See more
See less

Muzzleloader success!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muzzleloader success!

Sat morning I was blessed to be able to have a chance at the biggest buck I've ever seen while hunting, and I made it count! A brute of a whitetail for Tennessee, this buck had(if you're into that sort of thing) 9 scoreable points, but old school he would be counted as an 11 pt. 147" score. I nearly died trying to get him out of the hills and hollers and after a 300 yd or so drag, I finally made it back to the truck. Just using pyrodex and 260 gr lead conical with black sabot, as I always have since I first started ML hunting years ago.
    The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
    Welcome to Tennessee, the patron state of shootin' stuff.

Comment

Nice buck congrats. Bucks like that do not come around very often.

Comment

Congratulations, that is a great buck.
        "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

“Never Retreat...Just Reload.”

Comment

Yessir, MUP a very nice one. Congratulations!!!!!!!!

Comment

MUP, Very nice buck. I hope that drag was downhill and not uphill! That's some pretty steep terrain. It's not unlike where I hunt in WI. With age it becomes a bigger challenge as I'm sure you know. RD
            Every once in a while in life we need a policeman, a lawyer, a doctor and a preacher. We need a farmer three times a day, every day.

Comment

Awesome! Great buck...congrats

Comment

Outtttt Ssstanding!!!
                Nice deer mup
                Wimachtendienk, Wingolauchsik, Witahemui

He who knows not and knows not that he knows not, is a fool.
                He who knows not and knows he knows not is wise.

Comment

DANG that's a nice buck AND w/ muzzleloader TOO!
                  BallisticBRYAN

Wisconsin Hunter Safety Instructor
                  Started reloading with my Dad at age 10(1977)
                  It was my Father\'s Olds! Restoring a 1956 Olds 88

Comment

Very nice buck indeed!
                    "We failed, but in the good providence of God apparent failure often proves a blessing." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Rockydog View Post
                      MUP, Very nice buck. I hope that drag was downhill and not uphill! That's some pretty steep terrain. It's not unlike where I hunt in WI. With age it becomes a bigger challenge as I'm sure you know. RD
                      Thanks guys! RD, that was at the top of the ridge that he ran up after the shot. I actually thought I had missed! After he went about 120 or so yards, he stopped, looked around, took a few steps still looking around, then started a "death run" down the other side of the ridge. All together he ran about 200 yds. The shot was just a tad back, but good on height, lungs and liver were jelly, heart had a slit in it, maybe from the shot, maybe from the slip of the knife? Anyway, I ended up dragging about 300 yds, mostly downhill, but as you probably know, when it's that steep, they get hung up on every sapling and bush/tree on the way down. Best workout I've had in some time!

Pic shows exit side. 260 gr lead conical using a black sabot, over 77 weighed grains of Pyro.

Comment

I'm using a 250 grain .452 semi wadcutter in a black Hornay sabot. They hit hard. Pretty much bang flop.

I've taken them down a steep hill in the snow. You have 2 choices. Let 'em run over you or get on top like riding a sled and ride down in style. RD
                        Last edited by Rockydog; 2 weeks ago.
                        Every once in a while in life we need a policeman, a lawyer, a doctor and a preacher. We need a farmer three times a day, every day.

Comment

That would be great, till the first big tree stopped me!

Comment

Working...
                          X