My oldest nephew first deer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My oldest nephew first deer

It's been a 4 year journey but my oldest nephew finally got his deer. He's 28 years old, he just never had a interest in hunting until I asked him to run vid cam for me. He missed one last Saturday the 3rd the first day of the Minnesota firearms deer season. He had opportunities every season but one, he just couldn't connect until last night. There was 15 minutes left of light when I spotted this guy come out of the brush 40 yards away. I told him when you're ready take him. Justin's 308 barked and the deer bucked and ran off. I started thinking he missed again, because the deer started making long leaps with his tail up. I finally got Justin on the right set of tracks in the snow. He found no blood. I said you gotta follow the tracks further, he disappeared in the brush. A few minutes later I hear him holler I got him. Of course me being in a wheelchair I was no help dragging so that was all on him. It's been a fun 4 years. A few times I could have filled my tag sooner had I not been giving him first shot. I haven't had a shot yet myself, I got one more day to hunt then I have to get back to the real world, I got appointments later this week.
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

“Never Retreat...Just Reload.”

Glad you could bring him around. You may have an enthusiastic hunting partner from now on
    I was raised in the 50\'s on jackrabbits and gunpowder.salt and pepper wooda made\'em taste better

Comment

Congratulations, I bet he can't wait to go hunting next year.

Comment

Congrats, we need new hunters to the rank.
        Mtman714; A man can do no better then to leave a good garden patch. Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Congratulations.
          "The United States Marine Corps is a drug and I am a recovering addict."

"American by birthright… U.S. MARINE by the Grace of GOD!"

"And on the 8th day God created Marines and like fish, we came from the sea!"

Comment

Congrats to him WIldBill, about how much did that Minnesota dear weight? Plus or minus

Comment

I'd say around 150.
              "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

“Never Retreat...Just Reload.”

Comment

that's great It'll taste good

Comment

Yup,fine eating. One of the best ways to get folks really hooked on hunting is through their taste buds. Spiced with discussion of genetics and how bad grocery store packaged meat is.

Fresh sizzlin deer tenderloin on the grill,nothing better.Pure "get up and go" energy food.

Comment

Kudos to you WB for holding back to give your nephew the chance to get it done! And congrats to your nephew on a fine buck!
                    The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
                    Welcome to Tennessee, the patron state of shootin' stuff.

Comment

Bill, Somehow I missed this thread. Congratulations to your nephew. RD
                      Every once in a while in life we need a policeman, a lawyer, a doctor and a preacher. We need a farmer three times a day, every day.

Comment

Congrats glad to see young ones coming into the ranks.
                        Mtman714; A man can do no better then to leave a good garden patch. Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Congrats to you and the nephew Bill. Hope you get one

Comment

Please pass on my congratulations to him. I too was a late starter at Deer hunting. I was 36 if memory serves correctly. That memory will stick with him forever.

Did you 'Blood' him or is that not an American tradition?

Brit.

Comment

Working...
                            X