Got tagged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got tagged

Drew a WY antelope tag. My son got one too. His first antelope hunt. Hope to make it memorable.
    Endeavor to persevere.

Call sign: Limp Wrist

Nice. Raising 'em up right.
    It's not that Democrats are so damned ignorant. Their problem is that everything they know is wrong.

Wimachtendienk, Wingolauchsik, Witahemui

He who knows not and knows not that he knows not, is a fool.
    He who knows not and knows he knows not, is wise.

Comment

“ Raising 'em up right.”

Well I’m trying. He just turned 15. Passed his drivers permit test so maybe he can help drive out to Wyoming? He has one whitetail under his belt but that was from 40 yards. We have some practice to do to get ready for 400 yards. I gave him his choice of weapons and he picked a pre-64 .243 model 70.
      200 yards is about the farthest he’s shot so we have our work cut out.

Haven’t heard if Bear got his tag but everyone else in our party was drawn.
      Endeavor to persevere.

Comment

Sure, You gain a driver, and I lose a driver. yuk.

Glad to se a youngster, and your son, join the hunting ranks. You really need an accurate 243 load (most are, 85 gr) and LOTS of 300 yd practice. suggest a Trigger stik tripod.

just got back from Buffalo (death in family). And just this moment checked tag on-line, got the buck/doe license.

Comment

That’s Great! I bet both of you will have a blast!
          The sun don't shine on the same dog's azz everyday.

Comment

Awesome father/son time. 95 Berger Classic Hunter and a stoud load of Magpro has been the winner for me in velocity/accuracy combination from my Model 70. For stretching the range I'll give up 1/4 moa of accuracy to get a heavish ( for .243) pill moving fast. Hope everyone tags out!
            You only get one chance to do the right thing the right way.

Comment

Congrats should be a great trip.
              Mtman714; A man can do no better then to leave a good garden patch. Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Thanks for the kind words.

102 days to go and counting...
                Endeavor to persevere.

Comment

Good luck. Public lands? They say you have good chances of scoring even in a bad unit just with more headaches from other hunters. I drew a leftover in such a unit last year and just ended up not going. Eventually I'll get a few points and go to a unit with lots of public land.

Should be fun either way though. At least different than a deer hunting and, unlike many animals, not a lot of physical agility required. Maybe stay in a hotel or base camp and live comfy.

Remember to let us know how it goes.

Comment

This will be my sixth year and have shot one every time. We have one guy in the party that has been skunked twice but usually everyone fills out. We do public land. Sometimes others hunters foil things but my worst experience was with a rancher. I realize they don’t want their cows shot but harassing hunters is not how to do it, and it’s illegal.
                    Endeavor to persevere.

Comment

I heard those ranchers own all the land out there public or not..

I should of went. But I figured I had the choice tween using my vacation for what I thought would be combat hunting and following behind a grouse dog with no one to care. I will go for pronghorn someday for certain.

Comment

Think of it like this:

Every year we see at least 1000 antelope. The ones on public land that we can legally shoot- maybe 60.

Big difference but how many deer do you see during hunting season?
                        Endeavor to persevere.

Comment

During the heat of the day prairie dog’s become the most likely quarry.
                          Endeavor to persevere.

Comment

Working...
                          X