Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Of all the birds you most often hunt What's the most fun ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dove hunting is the most fun because it's the first hunt of the season and I enjoy being in a dove field with my pals watching all of miss shot after shot. But my favorite gamebird is bobwhite quail over a good pointer. Attached are pics of a limit (15) of doves from September, taken with my 28 ga. RBL double, and a brace of bobwhite taken last Jan. with favorite 20 ga. double.

Comment

beautiful shot gun

Comment

My favorite BIRD to hunt is the Ruffed Grouse here in the Great Lakes States. The poll showed partridge and grouse so I guessed your grouse was maybe the Blue grouse or fools hen called maybe and partridge was for you guys in MT I don't know what but many here mistakenly called our Ruffed Grouse...Partridge. Anyway I had to vote for partridge in the poll based on my definition of such birds.
        Now it is very exciting to have a dog find a Ruffed Grouse (henceforth referred as grouse).....and have it explode into flight as hunter walks up on the point....however, these grouse don't wait long on a point in the heavy cover mostly they are found in so always Unexpected when they do launch into flight and manage to maneuver around all the brush/trees it puts between your gun and itself. I find/use a 20ga double or even an O/U sometimes as a great grouse gun. Have been known to also use a .28ga O/U too but that is giving the grouse a big edge.

offhand.....those are two really beautiful shotguns!
        Last edited by Irish Bird Dog; 4 weeks ago.
        NRA Life Endowment Member
        WDNR Hunter Safety Instructor
        NRA Home Safety Firearm Instructor and Pistol

Comment

Ring Neck, nothing like wild roosters, watching the dog working locking up, approach he's holding, the flush and cluck, feathers in the air, a trio of 20's.Happy days.
          Mtman714; A man can do no better then to leave a good garden patch. Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
          X