Somebody asked to see my pup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somebody asked to see my pup

In the empty collar thread...my son's dog Belle died in 2014 and we were devastated. She was a Shih Tsu but she was a great little guard dog,and the best buddy for my son that a boy could have. Slept with him every night, watched over him, barked when someone was moving around outside where they shouldn't be....my wife prefers small dogs and she wanted to give Dachshunds a try because she had one when she was little. After doing some research on them, we pulled the trigger and bought one from a breeder in Fredricksburg Texas, which is in the Texas Hill Country. It's about a 5 hour drive from here and we drove down there and picked her up. She's been a hoot, she's a sweetheart but has a real playful side and is a fun companion to have around the house. I'm posting a pic of her, she always has a toy she's playing with unless she's sleeping in my lap.

"Beware the fury of a patient man." - John Dryden

She is a cute one! Got a healthy wag and obviously not afraid of the camera!
    The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H.L. Menken

NRA Endowment
    US Navy Retired

Comment

She's a real cutie, she has green eyes ! I've read that white Dachshunds are kinda rare, but she is predominantly white furred which makes her face look kinda funny because it looks like she has a brown mask on. She is real protective too, she has impossibly good hearing and that is a truly world class snout she has.

Comment

Not hard to see that's a doggo with personality plus!
        Homo sapiens, [ˈhōmō ˈsāpēənz] Noun. An advanced primate characterized by a large brain which it seldom uses.

Comment

It's obvious she hasn't had the time to fully "train" you yet if she allows pictures to be taken when you should be throwing the ball. But the look on her face is one of determination and hopefulness so I expect she will educate you as to her requirements, between naps in your lap.
          Good judgement comes from experience,
          and a lot of that comes from bad judgement.
          Mark Twain

Comment

Bright eyes shes a sweet heart, a nice new member of the family.
            Mtman714; A man can do no better then to leave a good garden patch. Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Great picture! Tail's moving so fast even the camera couldn't stop it. :-)

Comment

Thanks guys, she is definitely part of the family already and is comfortable being around all of us. Determined is a really good word to describe her, it's part of the breed but she can define it. I've seen videos of dachshunds waiting at a gopher hole for an hour and a half for the critter to come back up and then chase it down....she's like that.

Comment

I have had a black & tan dachshund for 18 years now. He is moving pretty slow now but in his prime????? WOW. They have a lot of tenacity and spirit. I wouldn't hesitate to get another one, if I didn't already have a house full of dogs.
                  "There\'s no such thing as a good gun. There\'s no such thing as a bad gun. A gun in the hands of a bad man is a very dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good person is no danger to anyone except the bad guys."

-Charlton Heston

Comment

Is she coming to Breckenridge?
                    Homo sapiens, [ˈhōmō ˈsāpēənz] Noun. An advanced primate characterized by a large brain which it seldom uses.

Comment

Is that an event? When is it?

Comment

Good grief! You don't know? Go here...

https://www.handloadersbench.com/for...l-shoot/page10

Start on Page 1, of course.

Comment

Working...
                        X