Clear All

• New pup

jake Click image for larger version

Name:	866C9E3B-E26D-4BF4-82BB-F728C28924FB.jpeg
Views:	141
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	835341

What a fuzzy fellow!
    Homo sapiens, [ˈhōmō ˈsāpēənz] Noun. An advanced primate characterized by a large brain which it seldom uses.

Comment

Cute as cute can be. Australian Shepherd?
      Every once in a while in life we need a policeman, a lawyer, a doctor and a preacher. We need a farmer three times a day, every day.

Et Canis Manducare Canis Mundi

Comment

He does NOT look 12 weeks old.
        https://www.handloadersbench.com/for...835339-new-pup
        -Remote locations are cheap insurance.
        -There are two kinds of ships: Submarines and targets

Comment

Beautiful pup.
          "The United States Marine Corps is a drug and I am a recovering addict."

"American by birthright… U.S. MARINE by the Grace of GOD!"

"And on the 8th day God created Marines and like fish, we came from the sea!"

Comment

I dig his markings. Good looking pup. How long will it take him to train you?
            If it weren't for double standards, liberals would have no standards at all.

"Ammo and really good friends are hard to find in a gunfight so I bring them with me" E. J. Owens

Comment

LOL, cute little bugger. Have fun!!
              From the movie "They Live"
              "I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass, and I\'m all outta bubble gum"

Comment

He is 16 weeks now. Was 12 when we got him. Yes RD, but he is a mini Aussie. Lol, we train each other. Click image for larger version

Name:	Jake pup 2019.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	835403

Comment

I had full size Ausies. Awesome cattle dogs and even better babysitters. You could walk right in my house if I was in the house. But even if I had just gone to the mailbox and a non family member tried to get in the door they would be warned with a growl that would make them wait for me to come back. Also "herded" the kids when they were toddlers. If one of the kids took off running away from me the dogs would get in front of them and push the kid back toward me using their body like a wall. As the kids grew older if one of them needed a swat on the behind the dog would come up a get ahold of my back pants pocket. Never bit me but let me know that they didn't exactly approve of the swat. Awesome family dogs. Your pics bring back memories. RD
                  Every once in a while in life we need a policeman, a lawyer, a doctor and a preacher. We need a farmer three times a day, every day.

Et Canis Manducare Canis Mundi

Comment

Great story RD!! Now i understand this one a bit better. I knew about herding but he would come to us kind of sideways and try to keep Terri and I together. I've had a number of dogs over the years but this is the smartest dog I have ever been around. We are dogsitting my cousins full size aussie and she has taught him some things. He would jump on here and she cured that. In less than a week, potty trained, crate trained, sit, stay, paw, bed, fetch, and more. High energy pup and a 60+ owner. LOL. He takes me for walks every day and is great on a lease after 2 walks. I have yet to see a bad quality. Thanks for sharing!!

Comment

I also had a full size Australian Shepherd. A large friendly male, rust and black markings. Lovable dog, and a chick magnet. I was single then and anytime I took him out, even in my truck, girls would go crazy petting him...and he loved it. I diidn't mind it either.

Good looking pup, keep us informed,pics, as he grows.

Comment

Nice looking pup.

Comment

You're right bear. Everytime I take him out for walks the gals come a runnin. Took him with me groundhog hunting yesterday. The lady landowner fell in love with him and kept him busy with rubdowns and fetching tennis balls. Countless offers to puppysit too. I walked over to get a GH I shot and he went with me, first time without a leash and stayed with me all the way thru the old corn stalk stubs. My best buddy. Sleeping next to my chair as i write this. I'll post more pics as he grows. Thanks all.

Comment

Working...
                          X