This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sevenfan View Post
    Sorry to hear of your losses GSP4EVER and Ledslnger.
    Thanks guys. I guess I am kind of an introvert. If I didn't have to work I wouldn't talk to people much since my parents passed a couple years ago. They were the only people I spoke to a lot. My dogs I talk to all the time Lol. I have two rescues now. They kept their names. I didn't name them Lol. I have Thor and Monkey now. Thor is an American Bulldog and Monkey is a French Bulldog and terrier mix. They destroy a lot of stuff, but they watch my house when I am not home and listen to me....sometimes. I do love my furkids, but it is tough to see them grow old and lose them.

Comment

Very hard, their so much of our life, and fill our life's with love. And cold wet nose's.
      Mtman714; A man can do no better then to leave a good garden patch. Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Lost my old amigo Fred, back on the 3rd of last month. 7 1/2 years with me from a pup. Superb behavior and always by my side the minute I stepped outside. He was bitten by a cottonmouth snake close by the front steps and was dead in 30 min.
        And folks wonder why I detest snakes....
        I'd post a picture if I knew how, but I'm an old man and not real good with tech stuff...
        Sure do miss my old friend....
        A tee shirt read:
        The U.S. Army.
        Because even Marines need heroes.

Comment

Kit Fox, Sorry to hear about Fred. We sure miss them don't we. Every time I see one of these I think about Rocky. pictured just to the left of this post.

If you'd like to post a picture I'll send you my e-mail and you can send the photo to me and I'll post it for you. RD
          Every once in a while in life we need a policeman, a lawyer, a doctor and a preacher. We need a farmer three times a day, every day.

Comment

Very sorry for your loss.

You might want to check out Red Rock Biologics. They make a vaccine for rattlers. I don't think it covers WMs but would be good to check. My GSP has been hit by prairie rattlers three times in two years and is fine.
            Homo sapiens, [ˈhōmō ˈsāpēənz] Noun. An advanced primate characterized by a large brain which it seldom uses.

Comment

Sorry about Fred. Nothing like a good dog.
              Joshua 1:9
              Dry Creek Firewood

Comment

Thanks guys. Ole Fred was a big brown mix about 60 pounds. Would track with me in my woods and never go further than 20 feet from me. He challenged more than one boar to a fight and would back away when I showed up with a weapon. Very intelligent dog. Didn't chase cars or bark at bugs. He was all business. He would have alerted on the snake so I figure he got bit trying to get up and away from it where he was sleeping.

I used to foster dogs and cats with local shelters and animal rescue. Got too old to keep up. Shucks, even had abandoned calves and horses here at one time. I like critters.
                A tee shirt read:
                The U.S. Army.

Comment

Not the best pics of Fred, but he was never a bother or a pest. Always faithful. Still look for him everytime I step out the door. Suppose I'm just a sentimental old man, but looking this one was tough.

Had two others killed by a neighbor's two pit bulls back the first of the year. There's a track of woods between our properties and the pits go under my fence and sneak around. They've attacked the neighbor across the road' s goats in their fenced area. And they attacked my last remaining dog, Buddy, and cut him up some. I haven't shot the pits yet, but if they attack my little guy again on my place I will terminate them both. The owner of the pits is an imbecile and I wasted my breath talking to him. I'll be forced to kill his undisciplined dogs that run wild.
                  Some people shouldn't reproduce, others shouldn't have animals. This case it's both. He's one of several members of a family living all up and down this road. But I'm used to being outnumbered.

Sorry 'bout the rant there.... I just get a little riled up about it.
                  A tee shirt read:
                  The U.S. Army.

Comment

No apology necessary. No one here would feel any different.
                    Homo sapiens, [ˈhōmō ˈsāpēənz] Noun. An advanced primate characterized by a large brain which it seldom uses.

Comment

Sorry to hear about Fred, losing them is very hard, as for the neighbors two, wouldn't put up with it!!!!!!!!
                      Mtman714; A man can do no better then to leave a good garden patch. Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Over here, if dogs enter your property and attack your animals or you, open season to take them out.
                        "The United States Marine Corps is a drug and I am a recovering addict."

"American by birthright… U.S. MARINE by the Grace of GOD!"

"And on the 8th day God created Marines and like fish, we came from the sea!"

Comment

Back in the seventies I raised 5 nubian goats on a 6 acre coffee farm. One evening I heard a ruckus, growling and bleating. Looking out the window I saw 6 of my rural neighbor's dogs shedding them while tethered in my yard.. Grabbed the M1 Carbine and killed 5 of them and 3 of the surviving but ripped up goats. Every one of the dogs had collars on. Called the owners and told them to come get their dogs remains. Domestic dog do hunt in packs but I ended that packs and also all my milking lawn mowing goats. Not one of the neighbors were happy about it but they also could see the slaughtering.
                          Good judgement comes from experience,
                          and a lot of that comes from bad judgement.
                          Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                          X