Taurus G2c 9mm pistol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taurus G2c 9mm pistol

After a great trade of the Bushmaster Carbon 15 AR weapon for a 98% condition 1969 S&W Mod15-3, I was on a roll. Have been studying the little Taurus G2c for a while, And I took the plunge.

For sale at times for $199.95 in black on the net, I wanted the tan framed instead. Besides, after shipping and paying for the FFL transfer it will cost about $249.95, the average selling price for it in the first place. So I bought mine from a known dealer.

Two mags [very well made] that hold 12 rounds of 9mm. Your basic polymer frame, steel slide, striker fire subcompact pistol. Wonderful fit and finish. A great trigger, adjustable rear sight, loaded chamber indicator, and a very useful slide/trigger safety that works well. 4.5 pound trigger with a "restrike" DA feature for a possible light primer hit.

300 rounds have gone down the 3.25" SS barrel, and not a single hickup. Aluminum cased, steel cased, JHP'S, even cast 140gr RNFP RCBS cowboy bullet sized to .357" and AA#7 powder loads I make. It digests everything. The feed ramp is perfect and highly polished. The grip is great. Rough moulding in the right places to keep slipping to a minimum. Slide stop/release works well. Mags fall freely from the weapon. And as mentioned earlier, the trigger is great. Long take up, but the reset after the first round it's short and fast! Not like most of the striker fire weapons out there now. Rated for +P 9mm too.

And Taurus has a $25 rebate on it as well! Sweet deal. Now it takes a lot of great stuff to make me look at an autoloader. After all, I have the best autoloader pistol already, a 1911A1 in 45ACP. But this little guy is dynamite! Taurus did this one well. I'll not be swapping this one off anytime soon.
    "Don't try to cover up a lack of training with a tool you don't understand."

John Lovell on upgrades.

I have a couple of them, in basic black. They fit most glock 26 holsters and hold couple extra rounds.
    Columbia Falls, MT
    If we don’t speak out against the infringements of today, it will weaken our ability to stop the next infringements.
    Since it took 26th Amendment to change voting age, expanding rights under 14th Amendment. Why doesn't same requirement, to restrict rights, extend to 2nd Amendment?

NRA Benefactor Life, NRA Ring of Freedom, NRA-ILA Partner in Freedom, GOA Patriot, SAF, Oath Keepers

Comment

Rocky bought one about a month ago. They seem pretty popular, I sell quite a few holsters for them. I'm considering one in 40, if I run into one.
      "The fact that guns can kill another human being is the whole point. That\'s why they are so darn good at deterring violent criminals". Ann Coulter

Comment

Forgot, they have a lifetime warranty for the original owner too.

Everyone that shoots one of these pistols produce tight, centered groups. One guy put rounds on an iron plate at 100yds. Me? I can hit my 10"x10" iron plate at 7m if I hold right. If I aim center, I miss the plate. Switch to the left hand and I drill the center everytime, and close too! Had the same problem with a Sig Sauer Mosquito .22LR autoloader pistol.
        Never knew they made lefthanded pistols with righthanded controls.
        Now my 1911A1 is normal, and shoots where I point it in either hand. Yup, just my luck I buy a cute and cuddly little 9mm I could've taken home and introduce to my mom, and it turns out to be a lefty! But this might be the topic of another thread.

John Lovell on upgrades.

Comment

So I apologize for thread drift. I Have a 709 that I got as a transfer but the guy seems to be unable to acquire the proper credentials to obtain it. If for some reason I Aquire it through osmosis, is it worth keeping? I will disclose that I am not a big Taurus fan.
          Last edited by deaddog; 04-26-2019, 22:54.
          Endeavor to persevere.

Call sign: Limp Wrist

Comment

Endeavor to persevere.

Comment

Sorry for the poor pic.
              Endeavor to persevere.

Comment

I'm not much of a Taurus wheel gun fan, but their auto loaders have never disappointed me in the least. The G2 is one that I'm looking at right now as well. I saw a guy carrying one the other day, so I asked him how he liked it, his response was very positive. I'll probably pick one up for my wife, she likes small light weight side arms, so I'm sure she'll like it.

HBC

Comment

Know little about the Taurus line. My research was closely associated with the G2c 9mm pistol. The engineering and construction of the model I have is well executed. Cannot comment on the model you mentioned as I am totally unfamiliar with it.

And a lighter note, the unusual extreme shooting to the left has been resolved. Thought the grips, and their surface are quite good, there was a condition that I needed to remedy. In my right hand, I often experience numbness in the lower three fingers and a portion of the palm as well. This is the "residual product" of two past minor strokes. Not being able to always feel the amount of pressure upon the grip, I was using too great a grip for controlling the weapon. Combined with a slight increase in more trigger finger, and less pressure by finger tightening, put this little pistol and me on target! Now I'm even more enthused about this Taurus. Just waiting for the last day of the month so I can get a resupply on ammunition. I need to train with it more, and besides, it's just plain fun to shoot!

John Lovell on upgrades.

Comment

Originally posted by deaddog View Post
                    So I apologize for thread drift. I Have a 709 that I got as a transfer but the guy seems to be unable to acquire the proper credentials to obtain it. If for some reason I Aquire it through osmosis, is it worth keeping? I will disclose that I am not a big Taurus fan.
                    The reason I have two G2s, I liked mine enough, I got second one for my daughter's BD present. It's grip was a little wide/big for her, she tried my 709 and liked it much better. She ended up with 709 and I ended up with two G2s.

I had got finger extension for 709s mag and it made it more shootable, for my sized hands. 709 is too small for me to shoot comfortably, but was replacement for 380s role, as easily carried. It was more shootable than LCP, had better trigger, and a little extra horsepower. For the $149, I paid, I'd consider another one.
                    Columbia Falls, MT
                    If we don’t speak out against the infringements of today, it will weaken our ability to stop the next infringements.
                    Since it took 26th Amendment to change voting age, expanding rights under 14th Amendment. Why doesn't same requirement, to restrict rights, extend to 2nd Amendment?

NRA Benefactor Life, NRA Ring of Freedom, NRA-ILA Partner in Freedom, GOA Patriot, SAF, Oath Keepers

Comment

Over a month now. Well over 750 rounds and not one single malfunction. None. I have to admit that I am not a big fan of polymer framed guns. Call them "Tupperware Guns" and though I carried a 1st generation US import model 19 Glock the last 4 years of police service, I soon sold it after retirement. Went back to a 1911A1 in 45ACP and my S&W wheelguns. Just preferred "real steel" in my hands. However, this little pistol has done nothing but impress me. And I mean constantly! I can find no fault in it anywhere. So my final word on it is a 100% old school cop two thumbs up. If it was available when I worked as a detective, I would have strapped it on in a heartbeat, and sold the Glock in a tic-toc!

John Lovell on upgrades.

Comment

Working...
                      X