Range Finders Gun Mounted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Range Finders Gun Mounted

Been looking at the SWR RADIUS Range Finder priced apx $ 1,000.00 anyone seen or used one. Like it cause it can be mounted on the weapon..with a digital read out up to over one mile.
    Tight Lines / Shoot Often
    NRA Life Member / Certified Instructor
    Friends of the FORTY FIVE

RUFFIAN

I hunted one day with a friends rifle for caribou, just to try the scope.

It was a Burris Eliminator Laserscope. This has a range finder built in. you merely touch a button on the side of the scope, and the range shows in red above the crosshairs much like a regular range finder.

It has an added feature, a built in bullet drop compensator. so it shows a red dot on the vertical crosshair for the proper hold over. That feature needs to be calibrated for your cartridge/load. My buddy had done that.

Overall it looked very good to me. If I hunted more elk or speed goats out west, it would be great. Don't know IF I need it for eastern hunting with shots under 200 yards.

Comment

My inlaw, has scope with built in range finder. It doesn't read reliably on game past 500yds, so it's of little use.

I use my rangefinder as mono, so to me, one of the better binos with rangefinder built in would be more useful. I've found, to range effectively at extended range, you need ability to use tripod on rangefinder.

I've seen mount to "sister" rangefinder to spotting scope.
      http://www.longrangeonly.com/review-...y-rlc-customs/
      Columbia Falls, MT
      If we don’t speak out against the infringements of today, it will weaken our ability to stop the next infringements.
      Since it took 26th Amendment to change voting age, expanding rights under 14th Amendment. Why doesn't same requirement, to restrict rights, extend to 2nd Amendment?

NRA Benefactor Life, NRA Ring of Freedom, NRA-ILA Partner in Freedom, GOA Patriot, SAF, Oath Keepers

Comment

I've also used the Leica bino combo. Great but a little expensive at $2500.

http://www.eurooptic.com/leica-geovi...Fckfhgod120PWQ

Few Rangefinders are good for game beyond 5-600 yards as you can't find a target (rigid/white) close to your game and soft brown hides just don't reflect enough light.

When hunting I always carry a pair of good 8x40 binoculars, and if hunting were 300 yards is a possibility then I hang an extra noose around my neck with a 600 yd rangefinder. Add a scoped rifle and you will see why I liked the Burris combo.

Look thru binoc, drop binoc, look thru rangefinder, drop rangefinder, look thru scope, then remove safety. With the scope/rangerfinder Burris it is just look thru scope, evaluate, fire

Comment

Working...
        X