Trying to ID a scope base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to ID a scope base

Maybe somebody here can help. Have a one piece base, Leupold style but marked with a circled R. Only other marking is a 70A on the bottom. Redfield? The 70A is the thing I can't document, I assume it is a short action post 64 model 70. Anybody have any other ideas? Can post some pictures if needed.
    "The fact that guns can kill another human being is the whole point. That\'s why they are so darn good at deterring violent criminals". Ann Coulter

ya it is a redfield, that is what we bought in the 70s and earlier. 86

Comment

just to let every one know, if you own a one piece scope mount with a r in a circle you are good to go. now they are called leupolds, redfields as far as i know created them. and plainsman jump in and help me out if i am wrong! 86

Comment

Yep Redfield base.

I wonder if you have the base and no rings? The rings have the screws for the top half coming from the bottom up instead of the top down. I finally gave up trying to work with these on my last scope mount.

Comment

Have the rings as well. Now need to figure if it is a long or short action. Can't find dimensions online, even on Redfield's website
          "The fact that guns can kill another human being is the whole point. That\'s why they are so darn good at deterring violent criminals". Ann Coulter

Comment

Charley, Maybe this will help.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Redfield-511...kAAOSwLnBXVbyX
            Attached Files
            Every once in a while in life we need a policeman, a lawyer, a doctor and a preacher. We need a farmer three times a day, every day.

Et Canis Manducare Canis Mundi

Comment

I'm thinking long action, eh?

Comment

well, it appears that the short action would be marked SA.
                Attached Files
                Every once in a while in life we need a policeman, a lawyer, a doctor and a preacher. We need a farmer three times a day, every day.

Et Canis Manducare Canis Mundi

Comment

The70-A was made from about 71 to 78.They had less polish a blind box magazine and a plastic triggerguard on a checkered walnut stock. Mine is a long action and I believe it would fit a stock with a box mag and a floor plate. It fit perfectly in a black shadow stock.
                  I was raised in the 50\'s on jackrabbits and gunpowder.salt and pepper wooda made\'em taste better

Comment

No box. Looks like it's for a long (standard) action Model 70. Sure wish the tables and charts on all the websites had picture or better descriptions. At least the Weaver bases have model numbers and charts!

Comment

Working...
                    X