No announcement yet.

Bottomed out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, thats the reticle. The clarity is just slightly better on this scope than my Nightforce but both are excellent.
    I learned the hard way about mrad/moa. When I purchased the 110 .308 it had a Leupold on it. Both the rifle and scope were used. The scope ended up being a piece of junk. The turrets were moa and the reticle was mil dot. Wouldnt hold zero either. Long story short, I dont buy from that gun dealer anymore.

Comment

This is the Nightforce I ordered to replace the Leupold. It has the MOAR-T reticle.
      It was on the .308, then the Lapua. It will go on the Tikka T3x when it arrives.
      Last edited by 13 Papa; 10-03-2017, 02:05.

Comment

My budget is way lower, than that. My $300 choice and reticle. https://swfa.com/swfa-ss-20x42-tacti...lescope-3.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	16XReticle.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	784920
        Columbia Falls, MT
        If we don’t speak out against the infringements of today, it will weaken our ability to stop the next infringements.
        Since it took 26th Amendment to change voting age, expanding rights under 14th Amendment. Why doesn't same requirement, to restrict rights, extend to 2nd Amendment?

NRA Benefactor Life, NRA Ring of Freedom, NRA-ILA Partner in Freedom, GOA Patriot, SAF, Oath Keepers

Comment

The reticle on the SWFA looks much easier to read on the fly than the Vortex. Its much less busy. I must admit, I was a bit overwhelmed when I actually looked through the Vortex the first time. I found the MOAR-T reticle to be much easier to make quick reference on.

Comment

Worth while reading.

https://www.scribd.com/doc/4617008/M...Moa-Simplified
            http://precisionrifleblog.com/2013/0...ve-comparison/
            http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/tag/milrad/
            Last edited by RobertMT; 10-03-2017, 10:47.
            Columbia Falls, MT
            If we don’t speak out against the infringements of today, it will weaken our ability to stop the next infringements.
            Since it took 26th Amendment to change voting age, expanding rights under 14th Amendment. Why doesn't same requirement, to restrict rights, extend to 2nd Amendment?

NRA Benefactor Life, NRA Ring of Freedom, NRA-ILA Partner in Freedom, GOA Patriot, SAF, Oath Keepers

Comment

Thanks Robert.
              At first glance, I may have read the second link already and I see some video links that I know ive watched before in the third link. The rest I dont believe ive read specifically. Never hurts to recap, especially for me. I usually have to read something more than once to fully grasp it. Maybe undiagnosed ADHD, who knows.

Comment

Look at the rail. Robert mentioned a flat rail. On a flat rail will be flat front to back. 20 MOA, rail will be taller at back end.
                "The United States Marine Corps is a drug and I am a recovering addict."

"American by birthright… U.S. MARINE by the Grace of GOD!"

"And on the 8th day God created Marines and like fish, we came from the sea!"

Comment

The rail looks uniform along the length of the receiver. I havent put the machinist ruler to it to verify. I wonder if they dont consider the offset to the lower forward rail as the 20 MOA. Seems like an awfully big drop tho. Without measuring, i'd bet it's half an inch.
                  I think Vortex has it right in that i'm hitting the zero stop, I just havent had time to fiddle with it. Working 6-7 days a week allows one to afford these toys but never any time to enjoy em'.

Comment

You have to measure it, 20 MOA isn't that noticeable (~0.030" over 6") and that model comes with 20MOA as standard equipment.
                    Columbia Falls, MT

Comment

Good, looks like coming to a solution.
                      "The United States Marine Corps is a drug and I am a recovering addict."

"American by birthright… U.S. MARINE by the Grace of GOD!"

"And on the 8th day God created Marines and like fish, we came from the sea!"

Comment

Working...
                      X