Swarovski Z3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swarovski Z3

Hey guys, where do the Z3s fall in line in comparison to the VX3 Leupolds? I think I may have an opportunity to pick one up locally for @$500+/-...good deal?

Second hand a 4-12 will sell for around $1100 - $1200 AU.

If you can afford it - grab it with both hands.
    However - be prepared to be disappointed with your other scopes clarity. Yes, they are very very good.
    Support Bacteria,for some people, thats all the culture they have.

Former Northern Territory Rifle Association, Councillor.
    National Rifle Association of Australia.

Comment

this is a 3-9X36 which should go well on the new Kimber Hunter I have coming

Comment

Will balance the rifle really well.

i am kinda green eyed at the price though
        Support Bacteria,for some people, thats all the culture they have.

Former Northern Territory Rifle Association, Councillor.
        National Rifle Association of Australia.

Comment

I'll let you know how I make out. A guy has a couple on another board, but he lives very close to me. I PM'd him to meet up next week so I could look thru one.

Comment

MAPLEHILL, thanks for the warm welcome.

Comment

Once you go Swaro, Ziess, Leica, NF, B&L, S&B you'll never go back.

Comment

I ended up with 2 Zeiss Conquest 3-9X40s...pretty good price on the pair. The guy with the Swaro wouldn't meet me, didn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling when the guy wouldn't make an attempt to let me look thru it.

Comment

Sounds like you did good. If not mistaking, a 3 x 9 Swarovski is 36mm. A 3 x 10 is 40mm. Zeis is quality stuff.

Comment

Well guys, I now own a Swarovski Z3 3-9X36...and all I can say is WOW. As I stated above, I found a great deal on a pair of Zeiss Conquest 3-9X40s, awesome scope. Then I found a smoking deal on a Meopta MeoPro 3.5-10X44, this is very nice for the price. Word I got, this is basically the same scope as the Conquest with a different reticle, Meopta made the Conquest for Zeiss along with a couple other brands. The Swaro came today and man, there are still some things in this world where you get what you pay for, optics seem to be one of those things. I have lusted for a Swarovski rifle scope since I was a teenager, well worth the wait. Sets perfect on a new Model 7 Remington.

Comment

I wish you would have had that swarv. the other day when we meet to swap items , I been wanting to take a peek through one of those for quite a spell . hope it works out for you .

Comment

Originally posted by hooterville View Post
                        I wish you would have had that swarv. the other day when we meet to swap items , I been wanting to take a peek through one of those for quite a spell . hope it works out for you .
                        John, I didn't have it yet. I had to chase Fed Ex around to get it due to the weather...and Fed Ex terrible tracking/customer relations. Anyhow, just come in from shooting. This scope is all it is cracked up to be. I had 2 VX3's 2.5-8X36, 1 Zeiss Conquest 3-9X40, 1 Meopta MeoPro 3.5-10X44 and a Redfield Revolution 4-12X40 along with the Swaro. with me today. Started bright and sunny, ended over cast. The clarity and light transmission are notable in comparison to the others. The Leupold, Meopta and Zeiss are very close, even the Leupold giving up some objective size, is pretty bright. I have had the VX3s forever, but never got to compare them to anything nicer or higher up the price scale. I have been wanting to try some of the nicer European brands with Swarovski and Zeiss top on the list. Did some reading on the Meopta and found a good deal on one NIB and grabbed it, not disappointed at all. The Redfield is a decent scope, but side by side, there is no comparison. I could see my shots clearer with the Swaro on 9X than I could the Redfield on 12X. As I get older my eyes are getting worse, gotta stay one step ahead of the aging process!! Here is the Swaro on my new Rem 7, 7mm08, like it was made for it.

Comment

that rig looks just like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich , they are just made for each other . looks good and I sure get the eye thing , sorry to read about the Kimber , [ kinda off thread ] sorry !

Comment

Working...
                          X