Bucket O' Food

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bucket O' Food

I figure it's time to start getting my emergency food supplies in order. I'm looking at some of these freeze dried food buckets from Mountain, Legacy and other brands. Has anyone here tried any of these? I've read a few reviews on Amazon but was wondering what folks here thought about them. Would you recommend any of them?
    And please, no

You might visit SurvivalMonkey. There are more than a few discussions on commercially available SHTF foods. SM is linked on the main page, or just use this.
    https://www.survivalmonkey.com/
    -Remote locations are cheap insurance.
    -There are two kinds of ships: Submarines and targets

Comment

I bought a couple of these at Sam's Club.

Attached Files
      If it weren't for double standards, liberals would have no standards at all.

"Ammo and really good friends are hard to find in a gunfight so I bring them with me" E. J. Owens

Comment

I have also tried the 72 hour pack

https://www.mypatriotsupply.com/16_S...0aAqNIEALw_wcB

While they will provide sustenance they are far from satisfying. There are a lot of rice, grains, and pastas which are mostly carbs. Some protein by way of mostly lentils and beans in soup mixes. You can survive short term on them but to live you will need to augment the meals with some canned meat like chicken. You will also want to be able to add seasoning. They are dehydrated so it requires being able to boil water and cook them for about 20 minutes. The servings and portions are way overrated as well. For a short term emergency food supply I much prefer MREs. They don't require cooking or anywhere near the amount of water and there is actual meat for protein.
        If it weren't for double standards, liberals would have no standards at all.

"Ammo and really good friends are hard to find in a gunfight so I bring them with me" E. J. Owens

Comment

Survival Monkey has lots of good info.
          Ozark Ed's Patriot Supply is a good and cheap way to get your feet wet. The dehydrated meal packs will make a t**d and aren't half bad IMO. Yes. they need some additional protein to be a real-world survival kit.

So far, I've not found anything to beat Mountain House for taste and convenience. You can get #10 cans of their products.

I purchase a considerable amount of items from Emergency Essentials here:

https://beprepared.com/

They are running a Mountain House sale right now.

Wimachtendienk, Wingolauchsik, Witahemui

He who knows not and knows not that he knows not, is a fool.
          He who knows not and knows he knows not, is wise.

Comment

and another thing we do is pressure can meat, fish, beans and other veggies ourselves. Buy items like TP, paper towels, soap, shampoo, shaving creme, some meds that keep well, and personal items in bulk. Buy canned veggies by the case/carton at Sam's or Costco, vacuum pack cheese (I have some that's been in the basement for nearly a year I'm about to open), dry ingredients for baked goods in jars and vacuum seal them, too. Store saugar and salt in food-grade, sealable 5-gallon buckets, flour too.

It's not too hard to come up with 6 months to a year's supply if you will just buy more than you need every time you shop at the local grocery and store it for long-term. Rotate it in your regular diet so it doesn't go bad.

Some items have a shelf life up to 25years if not opened.
            Wimachtendienk, Wingolauchsik, Witahemui

He who knows not and knows not that he knows not, is a fool.
            He who knows not and knows he knows not, is wise.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozark Ed View Post
              I have also tried the 72 hour pack

https://www.mypatriotsupply.com/16_S...0aAqNIEALw_wcB

While they will provide sustenance they are far from satisfying. There are a lot of rice, grains, and pastas which are mostly carbs. Some protein by way of mostly lentils and beans in soup mixes.
              That was my assessment as well, from reading the contents list.

Ive also heard Mountain House is one of the better choices.

I am not set up to can foods. My Mother does every summer, perhaps it's time I pitched in and added to the production numbers. Aside from the basics, she makes some wonderful jams that are a treat every year at the holidays.

I'm not trying to prepare for a bug in situation, though I probably should at least for a short term plan. I need to be able to load supplies quickly and bug out. I live in an urban environment which is not where I want to be in the event of a social collapse.

With the way things are shaping up on the libtard front, its got me putting some serious thought into my emergency plans. I always figured a country boy can survive, and I can, but God only knows how all this may shape up.

Comment

Working...
              X