3 Eggs 1 tsp Baking soda 1/2 tsp Ground Cloves

3 Cups Flour 1/4 tsp Baking powder

3 tsp Vanilla 4 tsp Cinnamon

1 Cup Vegetable Oil 2 tsp Nutmeg

2 Cups Grated Zucchini.

Combine all ingredients

Grease (or Parchment Paper) 2 Standard Bread Pans

Bake a 350* 55 minutes to 1 hour
    Every once in a while in life we need a policeman, a lawyer, a doctor and a preacher. We need a farmer three times a day, every day.

love that stuff.

"2 1/2 Cups Sugar" makes my old shoes taste good.......but means a larger shot of insulin for me!

Comment

Originally posted by BEAR View Post
      love that stuff.

"2 1/2 Cups Sugar" makes my old shoes taste good.......but means a larger shot of insulin for me!
      Now I know you're telling tales......nuthin' would make your old shoes taste good.
      Wimachtendienk, Wingolauchsik, Witahemui

He who knows not and knows not that he knows not, is a fool.
      He who knows not and knows he knows not, is wise.

Comment

Slice thin, Coat in sugar and salt and bread crumbs. deep fry. you will love it....tastes like chicken!

Comment

That's the first thing I seen the sugar!! Have to cut that down to about a 1/8 of a cup.
          Mtman714; A man can do no better then to leave a good garden patch. Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by mtman714 View Post
            That's the first thing I seen the sugar!! Have to cut that down to about a 1/8 of a cup.
            I have used Splenda for recipes like this but cut back about 1/4 of the called for amount.
            Every once in a while in life we need a policeman, a lawyer, a doctor and a preacher. We need a farmer three times a day, every day.

Comment

stood on end they are great action targets when you get to where folks close door when you drive in.

Comment

Originally posted by preacher Jim View Post
                stood on end they are great action targets when you get to where folks close door when you drive in.
                The problem with Zucchini is it grows way too well and makes way too many ....lets face it it's squash and you run out of friends who will willingly take the stuff. People avoided me to the point of running away. I even tried Zucchini Pickles...not that good....trust me. You grow it....you eat it...I'm done with the stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by gwpercle View Post

The problem with Zucchini is it grows way too well and makes way too many ....lets face it it's squash and you run out of friends who will willingly take the stuff. People avoided me to the point of running away. I even tried Zucchini Pickles...not that good....trust me. You grow it....you eat it...I'm done with the stuff.
                  If perhaps you have more Zucchini than ammo or desire for RD's delicious bread will support, than you need to try this on for size...

Deep fried zucchini (or for that matter squash and egg-plant).

Frying Batter:

INGREDIENTS:
                  1/2 cup corn starch
                  1/2 cup Besan flour (our favorite for this recipe, but any all purpose flower is also acceptable)
                  1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
                  1 1/2 teaspoon salt
                  1 dash sugar
                  1/2 cup milk
                  1/4 cup water
                  DIRECTIONS:
                  Combine dry ingredients well. Add liquid and blend thoroughly.
                  Cheetos, Flaming Hot type are preferred, (Frito's corn chips, cheese curls/balls or your favorite spicy crackers are also very acceptable) toss a bag in the food possessor and make small crumbles of them.
                  Coat the pealed sliced or quartered zucchini with flower then dip in the batter follow by coating thoroughly-evenly with the crumbles.
                  Deep fry at about 325*F until tender and golden-reddish brown. Remove and allow to drain on paper-towels and cool to something that won't leave blistering (about 10 minutes, thickness dependent).

Dipping sauce:
                  Here in The Old North State, The hot sauce is Texas Pete, but your favorite may likely do almost as well.
                  Makes about 4+ ounces.
                  Hot sauce to taste, generally 1 or 2 tsp.
                  2-3 tbls lime juice.
                  3+ tbls butter or soft type margarine.
                  1-2 tbls White/clear corn syrup.
                  1 to 2 tsp. water.
                  1/2 to 1 tsp salt
                  1/2 to 1 tsp pepper
                  1/2 to 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (more to taste).
                  combine and microwave to melt and just warm the mix.
                  Additional's to taste...
                  Some red pepper flakes/seeds.
                  Finely chopped jalapeno.
                  A splash of chicken stock or small dollop of schmaltz.

Enjoy!

GC

Last edited by Guncrank; 2 weeks ago.
                  Most evil men will not be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda or by legislation; however, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.
                  - Lt. Colonel John Dean Cooper: (paraphrased)

Comment

Deep fried is excellent .... have printed this one to give out with the Zucchini's and with the sauce is a winner winner.
                    Thanks for posting Guncrank....good recipes are always appreciated !
                    Gary

Comment

Working...
                    X