No announcement yet.

Aftermarket trigger...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recently I put a TriggerTech trigger on my AR. Great.
    Looking at a hunting rifle in 6.5 CM or 284 Win. It will be on a Rem 721 or Rem 700. The trigger will be a TriggerTech.
    https://triggertech.com/collections/...pecial-trigger

On my Rem 721 in 284 I have a Jewell trigger and Rem 700 5R Milspec I have a Shilen trigger.
    "The United States Marine Corps is a drug and I am a recovering addict."

"American by birthright… U.S. MARINE by the Grace of GOD!"

"And on the 8th day God created Marines and like fish, we came from the sea!"

Comment

Oh ya, those 300 WM's let you know they've been woke up. But if you plan on hunting with it I wouldn't recommend putting a brake on it, brake's will brake your ear drums. What I'd do, is put a couple mercury tubes in it. I know a guy who did that with a 700 BDL in 338 WM and it made a big difference in felt recoil. Installation is really quite simple.

HBC

Comment

Got any info on the mercury tube install HBC?
        The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
        Welcome to Tennessee, the patron state of shootin' stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by HighBC View Post
          Oh ya, those 300 WM's let you know they've been woke up. But if you plan on hunting with it I wouldn't recommend putting a brake on it, brake's will brake your ear drums. What I'd do, is put a couple mercury tubes in it. I know a guy who did that with a 700 BDL in 338 WM and it made a big difference in felt recoil. Installation is really quite simple.

HBC
          While it's true that the best working brakes also make the most noise, many make far more noise to the sides and, in testing, do not really direct much noise backwards.

Brakes with baffles pointing backwards toward the shooter do of course make more noise for the shooter.

Brakes with "square" baffles, baffles 90* to the bore axis, blow almost all their gas blast, and thus noise, sideways, to the people next to you, not to you the shooter.

One good test is here:
          http://precisionrifleblog.com/2015/0...es-sound-test/

On this test, the equipment was pretty straight-forward. We used a calibrated, military-approved Bruel & Kjaer 2209 Impulse Precision Sound Level Meter equipped with a highly sensitive, precision microphone. This particular model sound meter is described by the American Shooting Journal as the “industry standard” for sound measurement.
          It's yet one more of those 'non-simple' areas of gun-stuff...............

The biggest amount of brake-testing I have seen was also done by PRB above,,, while it is dominantly done in .22 for AR's,,, IMO that work is applicable for relative effectiveness (or lack thereof).

BTW............ at least TWO of the brakes they have tested,,, were made from Anodized Aluminum, not Steel or Titanium.
          No, do not do this,,,,, just.... No.
          In fact.... Heck No.
          Literally, a couple shots starts dissolving the baffles, so... No. Aluminum can do many things. It cannot make a good rifle muzzle brake.

Comment

This is true Damannoyed, the right angle gas ports do direct a good deal out and away from the shooter, but IME they still increase the decibel level for the shooter more than if shooting without one. But it's more so a personal preference I guess, I just don't like hunting with them. They're fine for range use, as ear protection is mandatory, but for hunting I find it can be challenging unless there's time to put on hearing protection.

HBC

Comment

Try a Jewel trigger or get a new Remington trigger and setup like you want? I like the Jewel triggers. Brownell's.

Comment

Working...
              X