• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I been playing again

Had to build myself a 357 for steel plates from 50 to 100 yards

Great, what S&W and barrel did you use?
    "The United States Marine Corps is a drug and I am a recovering addict."

"American by birthright… U.S. MARINE by the Grace of GOD!"

"And on the 8th day God created Marines and like fish, we came from the sea!"

Comment

A model 28. Barrel airguage Douglas the twist is 1x14 set up for cast boolits but handles jacketed quite well.

Comment

Great another 28 person. I have had one since 1973, never get rid of it.
        Thinking of sending it to reblue and make it look like a 27.
        Now you got me thinking.

Comment

I have one about to become a 45 acp with matching barrel set up just like the 357

Comment

Originally posted by DesertMarine View Post
            Great another 28 person. I have had one since 1973, never get rid of it.
            Thinking of sending it to reblue and make it look like a 27.
            Now you got me thinking.
            I have one and an M27 as well. Dunno who worked over the action of the M27 but whoever he was, he's an S&W genius. I've love to find out who he is so he could do my M28. As nice as it it, it could be better although I do go with the, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
            Paul B.

Comment

I learned to do it myself, mainly polishing. Did several Mod 19's, 14's and my 28. Not difficult.
              I used to shoot PPC, not much money so I had to learn.
              On the 14 had a Aristocrat barrel and rib/sights to compete.

Comment

Main thing on a Smith is polishing and shimming. You can now buy good spring setups that reduce pull

Comment

Working...
                X