• Show
Clear All

• martini rebuild to 38-55

started this as another winter project
    click it should be right side up

turned upside down when loaded

Comment

I hate when that happens!
      "The fact that guns can kill another human being is the whole point. That\'s why they are so darn good at deterring violent criminals". Ann Coulter

Comment

Just added another project to pile for winter

Comment

What model, and what caliber? Winter? Tough to think about winter (known here as "not summer") when temperature is running 101 or 102 F.
          "The fact that guns can kill another human being is the whole point. That\'s why they are so darn good at deterring violent criminals". Ann Coulter

Comment

Charlie it is a 7mm mauser tight as new but rifling looks like grand canyon
            no markings but a number

Comment

Well if the barrels stuffed the action will be no good to you so send it to me as I have just made a .458" bore six groves cut rifled 26" barrel that needs that action.
              While there`s bullets in the air, there`s hope!

Comment

Homebrew I really appreciate your generous offer but my other one would be lonely

Comment

I want to do a Martini up...maybe a 32-20. Or, a .38 Special would be cool too. Someday I hope!

Comment

Leadslinger I did a rolling block in 38 spc they are more fun to shoot than should be legal

Comment

I bet. A .357 Maximum might be nice too. Add flexibility in shooting multiple calibers.

Comment

If I had the martini to do over I would have barreled it to 357 maximum or 45colt I found a great deal on the octogon 34 inch .375 barrel and had reamer and brass for 38-55 here so went that way.. the rolling block and martini are spare time projects so progress is slow.

Comment

I think it is fun to shoot the odd of obsolete stuff. Gives you stuff to talk about at the range and you get to enlighten people. Lots of people are intrigued by my 218 Bee. Fun little round and accurate too. Little recoil so anyone can shoot it.

Comment

I guess you would call me the oddest ball around. 22khornet, 221fireball, 22br, 6br, 6.5 br an grendel, 6x223an 30x223 30br, 375 express, 38-55 martini and 44mag martini, 38 spc rolling block.

Comment

Working...
                            X