No announcement yet.

casting outside 10 oF

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No no.. not at all... I took zero offense at it. You were not in the least out of line and it was funny. My love life is pretty much a running joke with my friends. I actually get along well with the ex's and I got two great kids out of the various ones (LOL) and some grandkids that are worth every minute. I got to take my oldest grandkids out shooting handguns last time they were here. What is a few soul and finance crushing divorces compared to that?

Congrats on the 25 years.

lazs

Comment

Originally posted by lazs View Post
      speaking of ingot molds... Am I the only one who uses cheap teflon muffin tins for molds? perfect size for me to add to the 20 lb pot before it gets too low.

lazs
      No sir you are not. They make perfect ingots and for 3-4 bucks at the wal mart. They are plentiful and cheap enough when you burn it up or brake it Get another one when your at the store to replace the one you stole out of the kitchen.

Divirced too so no wife to complain. That's a whole other story. Girlfriend, well they can complain but it's my house my muffin tin that I bought.

Comment

LOL stihl a man after my own heart.. once the GF moves in tho.. they start getting more.... wife like.

lazs

Comment

I have cast many sinkers and boolits using a stainless steel pot on the stove top in the house and pour right from the pot into the mold.
          Lead fumes..eeehhh i think you have to boil the lead before it gives off toxic fumes..But window and door are cracked open anyway.

Clean lead of course not dirty stuff that stinks of tar and urine.

Comment

Originally posted by lazs View Post
            LOL stihl a man after my own heart.. once the GF moves in tho.. they start getting more.... wife like.

lazs
            If she cooks and cleans, and keep you warm at night it might be a different story. Otherwise, it will definitely be a different story, I'll get my damn muffin tin.

Swammpratt, my leads to nasty for that. I like casting outside because I'm subject to make a mess.

Comment

Yea my dad was making sinkers for the first time inside the house I was 12. In the kitchen cooking with a pot of melting lead.
              Carpeted floors.
              Store bought sinker mold . His first pour did not fill the mold out.
              He then washed it out in the sink and had a 5 gallon bucket of water in the kitchen floor filled to about 4 gallons.
              He had me hold the just rinsed out mold over the bucket as he poured molten lead from that stainless pot into the mold I am holding over that water bucket.

YEOW!
              My old man was mean you do what he said or you get beat to a literal pulp. He said : No matter what do not move.
              He made the pour and as soon as that molten lead stream poured into that mold it exploded right back out onto my face chest and arms.

I held tight not moving a muscle except for gritting my teeth and keeping my eyes closed as you tend to do when something is headed towards your eyes.
              Must have been 2.5 seconds and he said drop the mold and put your face in the water.

I was thinking that but I was told do not move.
              Yea mom got new carpet. I got new scars.
              Dad built a wooden sinker mold.

He did not quite have the cold wet mold thing right.
              Glad he never reloaded.
              I have cast when it was cold with Ice on the ground but I had a pot over a camp fire and the surrounding area was warm.
              Done that a few times.

Comment

Swampratt, my old man expected a lot out of me as well, but not quite that far. I’ve experienced the tinsel fairy twice. Both by dropping ingots that were full of moisture into pot without preheating then. Needless to say I learned real quick to preheat ingots and all my casting stuff hotckead will make a bad day for anyone.

Comment

considering that I water drop all my bullets I cast .. I have been pretty lucky.

lazs

Comment

Working...
                  X