Cast a few

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cast a few

I have some unknown alloy which test 15 BHN. I mixed it 50-50 with pure, 10 pounds of each. Harles came by & left me an NOE 45-255-FN four cavity mould. I cast with it side by side with the four cavity Accurate 45-200E. The 45-255 bullets were .455" & 258.5 grains. The Accurate were .455 also & 205 grain.

Joshua 1:9
    Dry Creek Firewood

Couple good looking bullets right there LAH,nice clear pics too.

Comment

Good looking bullets what gun and lube are you using, we need pic of targets now

Comment

I use the lighter in my Blackhawk's ACP cylinder. I'll be using the heavier in a 7 1/2" Blackhawk. No targets yet. I've shot close to a 1000 of the lighter with 4.5 grains of Promo plinking but haven't really put them on paper. "YET"
        Dry Creek Firewood

Comment

They both are cast to perfection as you always do.

I feel plum old fashioned casting and loading from single cavity Ideal moulds with a 454190 & a 452460. But anyway, I'll be looking forward to further development of both. And that 255gr NOE has my undivided attention now.
          Remember, the last thing a man wants to do is the last thing he does.

Comment

I like the profile of the 454190 but have never fired one. It has to be a great bullet. I've not worked with the NOE bullet much but will over the winter.
            Dry Creek Firewood

Comment

Nice casting job, hope to do some as well over the weekend as my 9 mm supply is getting low.
              SKS M59/66A1 / Chinese /26 Poly SKS / Mosin M44 / Savage 99 300 Sav. / Ruger Blackhawk 357/9mm convertible / PA-63 Mak. / Sav. 93G 22 WMR & Sav. Mark II 22 RF.

Comment

Originally posted by res45 View Post
                Nice casting job, hope to do some as well over the weekend as my 9 mm supply is getting low.
                Nothing like catching up on your casting.

Dry Creek Firewood

Comment

Originally posted by LAH View Post

Nothing like catching up on your casting.
                  Yup,or trying out a new mould..... very fun,and for me,very relaxing.

Comment

Nice looking boolits...
                    I\'ve learned to stand on my own two knees...

Comment

Figured I didn't need to make a new post on one of these bullets, so I'll just tag along with this one.

Few days back I got an unexpected care package in the mail from an old amigo. Inside the box was a whole mess of some NOE 45 255 FP cast just right for my old school open top Colt! Gave em my very scientific test with the thumbnail scratch and they screamed "Size me, lube me, load me, and go nuts on your range!" Well how could ya say no to that?

6gr of TiteGroup with these thumpers and I was ready. And my, oh, my, did they ever shoot! At 15m, put 8 most all touching and 2 fliers where I musta squinted wrong or something.. Wow! I don't shoot pistols real far these days. These big bullets mean business. Now I'm gonna save my Green Stamps and see about getting a 2 cavity of this bullet.

And I can't wait to see how it does with a big mean 'ole boar hog! One in the noggin outta drop 'em like a bad habit!
                      Last edited by Kit Fox; 11-29-2018, 13:37.
                      Remember, the last thing a man wants to do is the last thing he does.

Comment

Nice shootin' thar. That Titegroup looking good.
                        Dry Creek Firewood

Comment

Working...
                        X