Titegroup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Titegroup

Is Titegroup a good choice for both .38 special and .44 special? Bullet weights vary. 158 for the .38 and 200 gr for the .44 mostly.
    Last edited by olyeller; 4 weeks ago. Reason: Moved to better forum for handgun ???'s

It will work in both. I have to ask the question, good choice for what? Cowboy action, personal defense, deer hunting, revolver/rifle combo?
    It's not that Democrats are so damned ignorant. Their problem is that everything they know is wrong.

Wimachtendienk, Wingolauchsik, Witahemui

He who knows not and knows not that he knows not, is a fool.
    He who knows not and knows he knows not, is wise.

Comment

I apologize for not giving all the information.
      Both will be used in both a revolver and rifle for plinking and zombies

Comment

It, like 30 or 40 other powders is a usable choice for both, "good" requires a much more specific purpose in mind.
        Small charges for modest velocity for paper punching or ringing cowboy steel, sure, very 'good'.
        Maximum Effort Oh ****!!!! Ammo, not so much 'good'.

Comment

I use TiteGroup quite a bit. Real good in midrange power and speed. Anyway, just don't expect magnum power. In the cartridges you mentioned its great. Burns clean. Not very position sensitive. And fairly cost effective. Along the same lines as W231 as far as weight vs speed. In the 38 it rocks. .45ACP 200grSWC its fantastic! Same with 45Colt.
          Meters good. Doesn't clump up in my ancient Ideal No. 5 measure. And makes for a very consistent drop with minimum effort beyond a proper cadence with the crank. Whenever I go to the store I always buy a pound.
          "Don't try to cover up a lack of training with a tool you don't understand."

John Lovell on upgrades.

Comment

I'd probably look at CFE Pistol, Autocomp, or Universal. Something with as much spread from min to max load that will work in both cartridges.
            It's not that Democrats are so damned ignorant. Their problem is that everything they know is wrong.

Wimachtendienk, Wingolauchsik, Witahemui

He who knows not and knows not that he knows not, is a fool.
            He who knows not and knows he knows not, is wise.

Comment

it works very well in the large volume open space cartridges.[it makes some real nice low speed large rifle case size loads]
              your not gonna get blinding speeds, but good target accuracy with clean cases is in it's wheel house.
              where it doesn't work is in tight areas where the powder is crowded and especially is not happy [like pressure excursion not happy] when compressed like when a bullet is pushed back in the case, or seated down on top of it.

Comment

Go to hodgdons website and look up data for what you want to load. It will list all powders they have used.
                I was raised in the 50\'s on jackrabbits and gunpowder.salt and pepper wooda made\'em taste better

Comment

Two things I will say about TiteGroup.

1) It is NOT position sensitive. In other words it doesn't matter where the powder lies in the case. Either foward against the bullet or rearward against the primer. ES and Pressure seem very consistent. In my limited Experience. Meters Very Clean.

2) It will EAT the plastic in Powder Measure hoppers like nothing I have experienced in 60yrs of Reloading. You have to empty the Powder Measure immediately back into its "can" . Don't even leave it overnight.

Comment

I use a lot of TG in 45acp target ammo. Many reloaders don't seem to like anything that doesn't come close to filling the case they happen to be working with, and TG will never ever come close to doing that, but if you are a careful reloader and pay attention especially in the powder dump phase, I think you'll like it a lot.
                    "Beware the fury of a patient man." - John Dryden

Comment

Working...
                    X