35 remington loads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 35 remington loads

I just got a nice lever action marlin 35 rem at a good deal. I know absolutely nothing about them. Looking to reload for it. Any ideas?
    All it takes to allow evil to continue is for one good man to do nothing.

Rangers lead the way!
    SUA SPONTE

Lots of data out there, shouldn't be a problem finding information. Never loaded the 35 Remington,, just the 25 and 30. One added bit, the RCBS 200 grain 358 FN cast bullet works great in the 35 Whelen, and I run it t about 35 Remington velocity.
    Last edited by Charley; 06-15-2019, 21:04.
    "The fact that guns can kill another human being is the whole point. That\'s why they are so darn good at deterring violent criminals". Ann Coulter

Comment

A 200 Grain Hornady RN Jacketed bullet over about 36.5 grains of IMR 4895 will yield just a tad over 2000 FPS. Worked well for a friend for whom I loaded some rounds.
      If you can get ahold of some Lyman 358430 195 Grain cast bullets they should run just shy of 1800 FPS ahead of 24.5 grains of Accurate 5744. If your rifle has a micro groove barrel some folks say that you should lighten that load a bit to around 1600 FPS. Other say full speed ahead. That would be a great experiment for you. RD

CAUTION: This post discusses loads or load data that may or may not be appropriate for your gun or for the cartridge(s) and components mentioned. Due to typos, variations in guns and components, and the abilities and judgement of users of this data, neither the writer, Handloadersbench.com, nor the staff of Handloadersbench.com assume any liability for damage or injury resulting from using this information. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DUPLICATE THE DESCRIBED LOADS without first working them up from a published safe starting level charge while watching for pressure signs. If you don't know how to do that please don't try, for your own safety and the safety of others.
      Every once in a while in life we need a policeman, a lawyer, a doctor and a preacher. We need a farmer three times a day, every day.

Et Canis Manducare Canis Mundi

Comment

Thanks. I have been looking at a few different loads. Going to be a couple weeks before I am able to get anything. Going to read and research a little. Finding the 35 remington has a lot of history.
        All it takes to allow evil to continue is for one good man to do nothing.

Rangers lead the way!
        SUA SPONTE

Comment

I have been using the Leverevolution powder pretty much exclusively for the past few years. Im at work right now and don't remember my exact charge but I will update this when I get home. I have a pound of Accurate 5477 I plan on using eventually. I use the Hornady bullets. When I first got into 35 Rem on another "Handloads" forum that I was on before coming here, I purchased about 500 200grain Rem Cor Loks from a member. They have been good bullets. I like them better than the Hornady. I have a Marlin 336 from the 70's and a Remington 141 pump action.

Comment

Sorry for the delay here. For the Hornady bullets I am using 40 grains LeverEvolution and the CoreLocks get 39 grains. Both of these are under published max loads from the Hornady manual. As always start lower and work up to this.

Comment

Originally posted by Scottbird40 View Post
              I just got a nice lever action marlin 35 rem at a good deal. I know absolutely nothing about them. Looking to reload for it. Any ideas?
              I have loaded for the .35R for my own use and family friends in need. For on game performance the two bullets that worked the best were the 200gr Sierra RN and the Speer 180gr FP. So many powders work well it's pointless to recommend "one".

Other "ideas of note", trim your brass uniformly, and get a Lee Crimp die or seat and crimp in separate steps. It's real easy to buckle the case.
              Experience is what you get, when you don\'t get what you want ;-)

Comment

Working...
              X