Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

O.A.L., seating depth, powder charge... 3 dark territories for me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Damannoyed View Post
    A chronograph that close will usually have errors induced by muzzle blast..
    True, unless in the case of the Labradar. But we don't have sufficient info to make a judgement...........

Once again, the Devil is in the details.
    It's not that Democrats are so damned ignorant. Their problem is that everything they know is wrong.

Wimachtendienk, Wingolauchsik, Witahemui

He who knows not and knows not that he knows not, is a fool.
    He who knows not and knows he knows not, is wise.

Comment

Originally posted by olyeller View Post

True, unless in the case of the Labradar. But we don't have sufficient info to make a judgement...........

Not saying this proves anything, but I have shot the same rifle with and without a muzzle brake next to my Labradar. SD's were within tenths across groups that came from the same loading session.
      Friends don't let friends shoot factory ammo.

Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.
      -Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by olyeller View Post
        Yep, always is Ol.

Comment

Originally posted by Damannoyed View Post
          A chronograph that close will usually have errors induced by muzzle blast..
          ...could explain why my readings were lower... Will investigate it soon..
          Thanks for informing me..

Comment

golong said
            Not saying this proves anything, but I have shot the same rifle with and without a muzzle brake next to my Labradar. SD's were within tenths across groups that came from the same loading session.
            257bob has one and it is a very fine chrono. It's on my wish list.
            It's not that Democrats are so damned ignorant. Their problem is that everything they know is wrong.

Wimachtendienk, Wingolauchsik, Witahemui

He who knows not and knows not that he knows not, is a fool.
            He who knows not and knows he knows not, is wise.

Comment

Originally posted by Domo View Post

...could explain why my readings were lower... Will investigate it soon..
              Thanks for informing me..
              I have to set my chronograph (Shooting Chrony Alpha Master) typically at the following distances to eliminate sensor errors:
              Shotgun, 3-4 feet
              Handgun, 6-8 feet (less with a light .38, more with my SD .45's or a .357 at Full Bark)
              Rifle, 10-12 feet with the un-muzzle-deviced BAR .308W. I have not tried to see if I can get a lot closer with the brake on my LR308 or Nic's AR.

At those distances I have seen pretty much spot-on "expected velocities" in most cases.

Comment

the chrono that close will get shook and vibrated.
                it can also pick up gas ahead of the bullet or stray powder bits behind the bullet, or just plain out read some wash from the back of the bullet.
                all a chrono does is read time/distance, if it picks things up sooner or later than the bullet it will skew the readings.

Comment

Working...
                X