No announcement yet.

Starline brass

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you ever have an opportunity to take the tour it is well worth the time. Sedalia, Mo a little over an hour from Kansas City. Right next door to Sierra bullets. Take that tour also. Making bullets and making brass are very similar. I saw the same quality control and detail, cleanliness, etc at both plants. They are not related by ownership. They don't have an outlet store and sell seconds like Sierra but I did buy 200 45-70's and 500 .44 specials while I was there.
    Endeavor to persevere.

Comment

I use it in 454 Casull, 45 Colt, 45 ACP, 45 Super, 10mm, & 40 SW. I've never had any issue whatsoever, no split cases, nothing. I will always use it.

Comment

I believe it is 'good' brass that is 90% consistent.. with magnum handgun loads you might want to measure sized brass. some are under minimum and some are over maximum length.....not by much. but more than I want.

lazs

Comment

All I ever used for 45/70 and .44 black powder cartridges, never had a problem.
          "The reason a dog has so many friends, He wags his tail instead of his tongue."

"I don't always listen to Black Sabbath but when I do, So do the neighbours."

Comment

i think it good stuff and very reasonable in price. and there is a lot of brass that you can not get any were else. i have 3840, 44 russian to 4570, no problems for me. that guy was blowing smoke at you, but there are people like that. 86

Comment

Starline is one of my favorites for many calibers, IMO this guy is likely hoarding them for himself.
              I have not had a chance to get multiple firings on my new bottleneck cases from them but I love them so far as they are Very consistent in weight, flash holes and neck tension.
              When the hammer drops the BS stops.

Don't let them beat you down with their inexperience.

You won't know until You Actually try it.

The impossible just takes longer.

Comment

Well boys...I spent a fairly good number of years in Griz country. I carried 45x2 1/10 long guns and .44 mag belt guns. I was also into cowboy action fer 12 years. My cowboy guns were 2nd generation peace makers in .44-40 and my lever gun was 1873 win. in .44-40. the only brass I used after starting cowboy shooting was STARLINE. I done some heavy loading in my 45 x 2 1/10 long guns and my .44 mags. Ya need to be prepared when yer running up in the Yak country. I never recall having one problem with STARLINE and would highly recommend ye give em a good try.

Comment

I love Starline! Great products.

Comment

Can anyone recommend a reliable source for 9mm and .223 Starline brass? I am sick of reaming the military crimp out of my 223 ammo.

Comment

You might try our sponsor, Graf and Sons. There is banner on the face of the Black powder cartridges forum.
                      Every once in a while in life we need a policeman, a lawyer, a doctor and a preacher. We need a farmer three times a day, every day.

Comment

I just ordered a batch of 6.5 Grendel again. I like the stuff

Comment

I use Starline brass with no concerns.
                          Without primers, all you have is fertilizer and scrap metal.

Comment

Thanks Rocky will do

Comment

I know of one credible source of documented SL brass failures, Ranch Dog. He is a Lee and NOE mold designer and runs the website listed. Personally I've never had any problems with the SL brass I've purchased or pick up on the range.
                              Good judgement comes from experience,
                              and a lot of that comes from bad judgement.
                              Mark Twain

Comment

I've bought starline many times and still have all of it, and it reloads and shoots with zero problems. This guy should shoot some starline brass and make up his own mind. Then sell the starline to those who want it. I agree with Ledslnger, I'll pay shipping to my door if he wants to get rid of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X