copper eraser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• copper eraser

Went out and bought a lb of CFE223 yesterday and it got me wondering just how it erases copper from the bore. Anyone here that can educate me on it?

from what I understand it won't erase copper already in the bore. it requires a clean bore to prevent copper build up. Some additive in the powder is supposed to reduce copper build up as you shoot, but I don't know the exact science behind that claim.

Comment

it's lead sumthin or other.

I wouldn't worry too much about the CFE part it's a good powder. [I mean,, what's the worst that happens? you gotta clean your gun?]
      I really like it for shooting lead bullets up to jacketed velocity's in my 308's and in the XCB rifle.
      I'd probably investigate using it in other rifles and maybe even with jacketed bullets but I only have 3 jugs of the stuff.

Comment

I wish they made a powder that is carbon fowling eraser, would prolly take the carbon out of the barrel steel too though.
        When the hammer drops the BS stops.

Don't let them beat you down with their inexperience.

You won't know until You Actually try it.

The impossible just takes longer.

Comment

Originally posted by president100 View Post
          I wish they made a powder that is carbon fowling eraser, would prolly take the carbon out of the barrel steel too though.
          Carbon buildup is why I still clean my barrels after every shooting session. I don't get crazy, but I run the wet brush through a couple of times and patch it out. If you let the carbon to get out of control, you get that super hard buildup right at the throat that can end up being impossible to get out. I think it almost rivals diamonds in hardness. Try a 50/50 mix of kerosene and trans fluid for the carbon. I've found it to be extremely effective AND cheap.

Comment

Working...
          X