Can you imagine...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you imagine...

Was doing a bit of research this morning when I happened upon the advertisement below, found in a 1903 issue of Hunter, Trapper Trader magazine...
    Can you imagine attempting to manufacturer and market a similar product today? Every shyster in the country (as well as the fed.gov) would be all over you like, well you know what!
    "To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes, the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical."

'Thomas Jefferson'

Big Brother watching over you for sure.

Comment

I might be innerested in the dawgz...
      Homo sapiens, [ˈhōmō ˈsāpēənz] Noun. An advanced primate characterized by a large brain which it seldom uses.

Comment

I wonder, is that where the term "Schuster" came from? Maybe besides getting taken, they blew themselves up, with the "safe" process.
        Columbia Falls, MT
        If we don’t speak out against the infringements of today, it will weaken our ability to stop the next infringements.
        Since it took 26th Amendment to change voting age, expanding rights under 14th Amendment. Why doesn't same requirement, to restrict rights, extend to 2nd Amendment?

NRA Benefactor Life, NRA Ring of Freedom, NRA-ILA Partner in Freedom, GOA Patriot, SAF, Oath Keepers

Comment

Never heard that term, Robert. Say more?
          Homo sapiens, [ˈhōmō ˈsāpēənz] Noun. An advanced primate characterized by a large brain which it seldom uses.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertMT View Post
            I wonder, is that where the term "Schuster" came from? Maybe besides getting taken, they blew themselves up, with the "safe" process.
            Schuster? Methinks you meant shyster.
            Paul B.

Comment

Perhaps the word Shyster comes into play here. A "shyster" is a disreputable, unethical, person. Particularly a lawyer or politician.

The word may actually come, in 1843, from a crooked Philly lawyer named Schuster. Bob might be onto something!

Some sources claim that "shyster" is based on the German Scheisser [Scheißer] (literally "defecator"). The British slang word "schiser" meaning "worthless people" probably also came from the German Scheisser. This definition translates the German Scheisser to English shitter.

Source: Wiki
              Every once in a while in life we need a policeman, a lawyer, a doctor and a preacher. We need a farmer three times a day, every day.

Et Canis Manducare Canis Mundi

Comment

This is turning into a crock of it regardless.
                It's not that Democrats are so damned ignorant. Their problem is that everything they know is wrong.

Wimachtendienk, Wingolauchsik, Witahemui

He who knows not and knows not that he knows not, is a fool.
                He who knows not and knows he knows not, is wise.

Comment

I had always heard Schuster, when referring to lawyers, from my Grandpa. Whenever someone brought up dealing with or hiring lawyer, he would say "I hope his name isn't Schuster". Since he was half English and German, he never referred to himself or ancestors as "British", he could've meant, Schister, Scheisser, or the actual Schuster, Rocky Dog referred to. He only used 'British" as a derogatory, meaning someone who puts on airs. Sort of how, western Canadians refer to "French" Canadians.
                  Columbia Falls, MT
                  If we don’t speak out against the infringements of today, it will weaken our ability to stop the next infringements.
                  Since it took 26th Amendment to change voting age, expanding rights under 14th Amendment. Why doesn't same requirement, to restrict rights, extend to 2nd Amendment?

NRA Benefactor Life, NRA Ring of Freedom, NRA-ILA Partner in Freedom, GOA Patriot, SAF, Oath Keepers

Comment

Working...
                  X