Expecting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expecting

I'm waiting on delivery of a new to me addition to the family next week sometime. I have a friend who's a wheeler dealer out on the other end of the state, and he came in possession of a Rem Mod 700 Sendero in 300WM with less than 100 rnds down the tube, and I have agreed to adopt it from him. I'm not giving up on my 71 WM yet, but hoping this one is more forgiving in the load development dept. Will advise.
    The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
    Welcome to Tennessee, the patron state of shootin' stuff.

Congratulations on your new addition. Sendero's that I have been acquainted with normally do pretty good.
    "The United States Marine Corps is a drug and I am a recovering addict."

"American by birthright… U.S. MARINE by the Grace of GOD!"

"And on the 8th day God created Marines and like fish, we came from the sea!"

Comment

I've heard good reports about them as well. Hoping I've got a good one.

Comment

Delivery has been made. Cleaned it thoroughly and awaiting another break in the rainy weather to take her out. Heavy is the one word that first came to mind.

Comment

Nikon Prostaff 7 5x20x50 swapped from the older WinMag onto the Sendero , and the Prostaff 5 14x mounted back onto the 71 model WinMag. Hope to get out on the weekend of the 4th to send some lead. Have plenty of factory ammo for brass, so will likely just be fire forming, but zeroing initially as well. Did I say this Sendero had some recoil reducing weight to it?

Comment

My oldest boy bought a Sendero, .270 win as it were, that off the rack rig shoots nice tidy groups.
            Congrats on the new family member!

HBC

Comment

I'm very glad to hear that HBC. This rifle weighs 9.5 lbs nekkid, so I'm hoping it'll shoot like a .243... Well, less than the old 71 model anyway.

Comment

FINALLY! Got to get out to the range this morning with the Sendero! After getting it zeroed, I was getting some 1"+/- groups using factory Remington Premiere AccuTip 180 gr ammo. I think I can do something with this one.

Comment

Wow, that's impressive considering you used factory. I'd bet a well developed load might cut that size group in half, maybe even tighter yet.

HBC

Comment

I'm hoping for sure! I believe this rifle will probably shoot better than I can hold. Anyway I at least have some FF brass now to start with. ​​​​​

Last edited by MUP; 08-03-2019, 16:18.

Comment

Working...
                    X