458 socom case gauge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 458 socom case gauge

my factory 458 socom rounds don’t pass the Tromix case gauge. i’m thinking of taking them a part and salvaging the brass. any other ideas?

In what sense does it not pass the case guage?
    How does it chamber in your rifle? Gas or bolt rifle?
    "The United States Marine Corps is a drug and I am a recovering addict."

"American by birthright… U.S. MARINE by the Grace of GOD!"

"And on the 8th day God created Marines and like fish, we came from the sea!"

Comment

Toss the gauge.
      I was raised in the 50\'s on jackrabbits and gunpowder.salt and pepper wooda made\'em taste better

Comment

I have never in over 40 in years of reloading ever used a case gauge. Your rifle is the best gauge available.

Comment

1458 socom semi. first round in new barrel failed to chamber. 4th round did not chamber and stuck. gunsmith removed it. manufacture replaced barrel. tromix case gauge says casing head .003 below top of gauge with straight edge. bullets are above case gauge. instructions say to adjust seater die. i’d rather not size loaded rounds.

Comment

What brand rifle do you have and who makes that factory ammo?
            According to nosler load data, max OAL is 2.100". How does your ammo compare to that.
            Might take one round apart and try and chamber case by itself and see what happens.
            Are chambering problem happening on replacement barrel or just on original barrel?
            Look at load data from Nosler. How does your ammo compare to the dimensions in load data. If this is not Nosler ammo, there will some minor difference which might not be any problem.

Comment

thanks for the come back Desert Marine. bear creek barrel and freedom munitions 300 grain round nose flat point 1.987 oal. problems were with first barrel. bear creek was great on getting me a replacement, putting it on Saturday and will let you know

Comment

Have gunsmith check chamber before putting barrel on. I am thinking you had chamber problems on original barrel. Hopefully replacement has correct chamber. If the new chamber has problem, gunsmith might be able to fix before putting on receiver.
                Let us know what happens.

Comment

Working...
                X