Storm Mountain Shell Prep Tool

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storm Mountain Shell Prep Tool

Ranch Dog shared this video with me and it's worth the watch. I've ordered the Storm Mountain tool as a result.

Good judgement comes from experience,
    and a lot of that comes from bad judgement.
    Mark Twain

Good video Those slugs had a crazy flight path, I think they were tumbling.

Comment

I would have liked to have seen that video with him using Lee 7/8 oz slugs.

Comment

I've very much been enjoying the slow motion work that Jeff (Taofledermaus) has been doing proving out and or discrediting "The Conventional Wisdom" regarding all manner of shotgun loading's. Infinitely more interesting than sitting on the couch watching the mindless Pablum offered by the TV networks!
        Most evil men will not be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda or by legislation; however, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.
        - Lt. Colonel John Dean Cooper: (paraphrased)

Comment

It would be interesting to see these slugs seated with a true roll crimp to control the ignition and pressure. IMO, based on thousands of shot reloads, just slipping them into the wad will not give the ignition uniformity needed for maximum accuracy. Shot loads will show differences in performance if one or more of the folds in a crimp is split, which reduces load pressures.

I think I'd also place a cardboard wad in the shot cup to keep the slug from "setting back" into the corner of the plastic cup where the base and sidewall meet. RD
          Last edited by Rockydog; 2 weeks ago.
          Every once in a while in life we need a policeman, a lawyer, a doctor and a preacher. We need a farmer three times a day, every day.

Comment

Working...
          X