kids taking over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kids taking over

my daughters have these toys they call 'pet shops'. they are little animal figurines that come w/ little playhouses or whatever.

this morning i screwed together a couple hundred 40 s&w loads, and my youngest daughter was a bit miffed that i didn't let her do the powder dumping part of the operation. after i was all done, i did a little work on the computer, then came back out to the living room, and it looked like there was a pet shop explosion right on my temporary loading bench! can't wait until its warm enough outside for me to get all my gear back to the garage, mounted on my own bench, w/ all my stuff placed orderly where i can find it, and it is safe from the kids...

Hunting is not a matter of life or death; it is much more important than that!

Well Bud, don't worry my girls have done that and a bit more to my reloading area. I had a press that was green one day and it was holding barbe dresses the next with pink lines on it .

So there isa lesson to be learned here you need to let her do her job and she will leave your loading area alone .:lol::lol::lol:

Doc

Comment

Good thing I never had kids----I would not tolerate that crap on my bench.What really blew my mind was the toy on your powder scale---That is a precsion instrument,not a childs toy.Daddy's loading bench should not be a substitute toy chest:shameon::shameon::shameon:

Comment

Oh come on Dakotasin, admit it you took a photo of your bench and forgot to clean your toys off of it first. :lol:

I find toys on my bench nowdays as well. and on my chair that I sit on. Lil Poach now has to go with me to the reloading room when I go. Thats why I'm sorting out 38/357 and 40/45 cases. He decided that they all needed to go into one bag rather than four.

I can't say I'm overjoyed with the task but I can't say I hate it either.

Take care Be safe Poacher.
        "Democracy destroys itself because it abuses its right to freedom and equality. Because it teaches its citizens to consider audacity as a right, lawlessness as a freedom, abrasive speech as a equality, and anarchy as progress". Isocrates

it's very strange, in fact I've never seen it before, to see blinders on the wrong end of the horse. I fear your narrow view of things will serve you poorly. "Ghrit"

Comment

hoa- relax - it was just on the edge of the frame, not on the beam or fulcrum, or pan or anywhere they could hurt anything. other than that one, everything is on boxes or brass containers (coffee cans). not anything that can be hurt, and no harm done.

texas- i do let them help quite a bit, actually. they 'help' me resize, and seat bullets. even still, i wasn't going to let a 2-yo charge cases, supervised or no!

poacher- yeah, it could be worse, and it really isn't that bad, now. in the summer months when i'm doing all my stuff out in the garage, it isn't unusual for me to have a line of neighbor kids poking around and asking questions. my older daughter likes to be in the garage while i'm loading, and seems to be a magnet for other kids.
          Hunting is not a matter of life or death; it is much more important than that!

Comment

lol..She did fine...:thumbs:

Dakota ,enjoy em while they`re young and their antics.Stuff like that is priceless.

My little girl once wrote her name on the side of my old loading bench with a permanent marker.Spelled out here name in sloppy 1st grade writing and big letters..
            I jumped all over her for it and felt terrible afterwards..

That ole bench in the barn and her little handwriting on it is now one of my most cherished keepsakes..:wink:Much like that oic will be for you 10 years down the road..:wink::thumbs:

"He who fights with monsters might take care, lest he thereby become a monster; For if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - F.Nietzche
            [IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y45/Timberghozt/cib-1.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Definately hang on to those pics and memorys, They grow up and move out so fast. Mine have been gone for over 11 years now and man do I miss the little antics that they would do for daddy:thumbs:Enjoy it while you can it wont last very long:sad:Jimmy
              [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v394/1dahunter/1staircav.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v394/1dahunter/patch.gif[/IMG]
              NAHC Life Member
              GOA Contributer
              [url]www.thedisabledlife.com[/url]

Comment

That's good stuff Dakota...:lol:

Ahh, if they could just stay young longer.
                "Get off your computer and go load some ammo"

Welcome to California. Press 2 for English.

Comment

Working...
                X