Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Type of Scales Do You Prefer????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got a little 5-10 scale in immaculate shape free from a kid whose grandad used to reload.The grand dad passed away and they are cleaning out the house.He have me a RCBS uniflow with large and small rotors and the scale along with 357 mag dies and some misc stuff.Very cool I thought rather than tossing it in the clean out garbage pile..:thumbs:
    "He who fights with monsters might take care, lest he thereby become a monster; For if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - F.Nietzche
    [IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y45/Timberghozt/cib-1.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Timberghozt,

I think you dropped very lucky with that scale! In fact I have been keeping an eye out for a used 5-0-10's myself, but we just don't get that much secondhand reloading kit over here...

Although RCBS say they are only accurate to a 1/10th of a grain which is the same as my 5-0-5, or most other reloading scales, I can't help thinking they look a much better built item...

I might just spring for a 10-0-10, but I really don't need the extra capacity of those..

regards,

Pete

Comment

I use my Lyman 500 balance beam! Works for me and I measure every load to be consistant!
        [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v394/1dahunter/1staircav.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v394/1dahunter/patch.gif[/IMG]
        NAHC Life Member
        GOA Contributer
        [url]www.thedisabledlife.com[/url]

Comment

For years and years it was my Lyman 505 balance beam......until last year.

I bought the Lyman 1200DPS digital, mainly for IMR powders, but it has made life a whole lot easier, and need I say, consistent.
          Double checking the digital with the old scale nets me the same weights.

The only thing that ruffled my feathers was that shortly after getting the DPS, Lyman came out with the DPS 2, which has computer transference capability....damn!

I had bought the Lyman Autoscale just 2 mos. before they relased the DPS (my usual luck)....I ended giving that one to aclose friend before buying the DPS. The autoscale was terrible and extremely touchy.
          My buddy likes it, but he's not half as fussy as I am.

I've never owned the PACT, but from what experience I've had with the Lyman DPS, I'm sticking with it......

Take care,
          Bob

Comment

rcbs digital dispenser and scale set up... its a godsend..
            Watch this space for a witty siggy

Comment

http://www.sinclairintl.com/cgi-bin/...amp;type=store

This is one hell of a scale! It reads to 1/100th of a grain instead of the usuall 1/10th. It's a little expensive, but not that bad really, for that kind of accuracy. billt.

Comment

WOW

$277 bucks now that is a tad expensive. I use my Dillon electronic scale for the most part and I have a old traditional beam scale to help out if I don't think the electronic one is working quite right.

Take care Be safe Poacher.
                "Democracy destroys itself because it abuses its right to freedom and equality. Because it teaches its citizens to consider audacity as a right, lawlessness as a freedom, abrasive speech as a equality, and anarchy as progress". Isocrates

it's very strange, in fact I've never seen it before, to see blinders on the wrong end of the horse. I fear your narrow view of things will serve you poorly. "Ghrit"

Comment

That is danged sure nice Billt!!!I have two balance beams but I guess one of these days I am going to have to become a bit more modern and buy one of the digital scales.:thumbs:
                  "He who fights with monsters might take care, lest he thereby become a monster; For if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - F.Nietzche
                  [IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y45/Timberghozt/cib-1.gif[/IMG]

Comment

the lyman 30 minute warm up sucks,makes me want to use the beam again. ed
                    Varget go\'s with everything.

Comment

tunered wrote:
                      the lyman 30 minute warm up sucks,makes me want to use the beam again. ed

What I've gotten in the habit of doing with mine is to turn it on in the morning when I get up, if I know I'll be loading that day. It doesn't hurt it and you know you'll have accuracy without the wait associated with the electronics. billt.

Comment

ch 725 beam (undampened) scale and a ohaus 1005 beam scale.

Comment

tunered,

That 30 min. warmup period is to burn off any possible condensation and to bring the electronic components up to temp. for optimum accuracy.
                          Usually you see this requirement in electronics that require a given level of precision, much like a breathylizer. I ran one for years, maybe 1984 until 1998, and you had to allow a warm up time for these to perform accurately. One reason why we used to leave them plugged in and turned on.

Anything electronic, that has to read in precise increments and doesn't have a warm up period, I'd suspect, might have variations, even if justa small amount.

I've got the Lyman DPS1200 and, like others, I just turn it on prior to going to the shop to reload. I usually have other preparations to do anyway.

My 2......

Take care,
                          Bob

Comment

Working...
                          X