Seting up a new reloading room 4 Pictures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seting up a new reloading room 4 Pictures

I am building a New reloading room. I'm almost 2/3 done. I probably have two trailer loads of Stuff to put on the other side that's counting the cabinets and benches it's all stuff that I brought from my last-place. I'm hoping to keep it a little neater this time. I am going to mount the computer monitors on the wall I have to build a Small shelf system for the top of the bench.
    The new bench is for my presses when I am reloading. I have several RCBS aluminum Press plates and a large aluminum plate for my Richard Corbin press, I'm going to mount it on a 6 x 6 that will be mounted to the floor it will butt up to the bench on one side. We have a security system here, I have been robbed before so I don't go without one, my cousin made Metal straps for the small basement windows.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0633.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	821072Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0632.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	821073Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0635.jpg
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	821074Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0634.jpg
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	821075

I'm hoping to keep it a little neater this time.
    When you figure out how, be sure and let the rest of us know!
    "The fact that guns can kill another human being is the whole point. That\'s why they are so darn good at deterring violent criminals". Ann Coulter

Comment

I think it's all about having a place for everything and putting it back in its place.
      This basement has a tendency to get water on the floor there's two sump pumps down there. The wood shelves are hanging from The ceiling there not touching the floor. I have three sets of the black metal shelves and the bottom shelf is off the floor about 5 inches I'm trying to keep everything off the floor just in case it gets wet down there this spring.

We can get some pretty tough winters in North Dakota, I'm hoping to have the backup generator hooked up by this weekend and get the wood burning pot belly stove in. I'm going to paint the bottom legs on my new workbench with a Epoxy to keep the moisture away from it.

One thing I do like about this house is it has a vent i can use for casting it vents out side and has several speeds to choose from, I have a lot of casting to do this winter I won't be out in the cold garage doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by randy c View Post
        i think it's all about having a place for everything and putting it back in its place.
        bingo!.......
        Jim Thorpe , PA How do you stop a bad guy with a gun? Don't take away the good guys gun rights..

Comment

I have seen some of the reloading rooms that people have here they're very big and nice a couple of them would make mine look like a parts bin.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy C View Post
            I think it's all about having a place for everything and putting it back in its place.

This basement has a tendency to get water on the floor there's two sump pumps down there. The wood shelves are hanging from The ceiling there not touching the floor. I have three sets of the black metal shelves and the bottom shelf is off the floor about 5 inches I'm trying to keep everything off the floor just in case it gets wet down there this spring.
            I tried to agree more, can't.

Good plan to avoid water damage.

We don't normally get a wet basement, but sump pump failure (only 1 pump) has happened. Everything important sits on pallets or in plastic bins.

Comment

Basements haven't been common here for about 100 years. Monolithic concrete slabs, and before that, pier and beam foundations. Pretty much leaves garage or outbuildings for reloading. My shop covers reloading, woodworking, and leather work. Makes it a bit harder to keep as organized as I would like.
              "The fact that guns can kill another human being is the whole point. That\'s why they are so darn good at deterring violent criminals". Ann Coulter

Comment

Lookin' Good. Nothing like space.
                Joshua 1:9
                Dry Creek Firewood

Comment

I worked on the other corner,It needs shelves above the bench like the computer bench. Ive been busy keeping every one happy, I got part of today for me.

Name:	IMG_0676.jpg
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	822149

Comment

Its sad I have so much it dont fit in the drawers, it was piled 2ft hight on the floor at the old place. I'm not going to unbox it if it don't fit this time. I have one side left.

Comment

Looks like a nice place to relax and get some quality time in loading Randy.

Comment

Oh my that's a big rifle you have there Randy.
                        Joshua 1:9
                        Dry Creek Firewood

Comment

Originally posted by Randy C View Post
                          I've never had much trouble with the "having a place for everything" it's the "putting it back" that seems to be so very elusive!

OBTW:
                          Having the loading bench under that window may cause you some troubles with a down draft and play havoc with your powder scale.
                          Last edited by Guncrank; 10-20-2018, 10:49.
                          "To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes, the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical."

'Thomas Jefferson'

Comment

Good thinking, The windows were screwed shut and silicone shut when I moved in, and it will be covered up when i put shelves in.

Comment

Name:	IMG_0693.jpg
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	822928Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0694.jpg
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	822929

Comment

Working...