RCBS Uniflow great price

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DesertMarine View Post
    They sent me a RCBS powder funnel for .17-20 cal. They did send a postage paid label to send it back. No word on refund. Have to check bank account.
    Looks like I am going to stick with Lyman 55 powder measure. Wanted something for 9mm-45 loading, the Lyman was easy to set up for 6 gr of powder. Might buy another one.
    The mistake was obviously theirs so I feel they shouldn't be requiring you go to the trouble of sending something back, even if they are paying. you didn't order and should automatically refund your $.. I say this because they knew it was wrong when they emailed you telling you they were going to send you something completely different than what you ordered, the proof of which is they included the return with the funnel... . They do not sound like anyone I will be doing any transactions with.

Comment

Agree with you Savageluvr. Did not find out until afterwards but they have a small reputation of doing that. Reviews were 99.3% good with the rest saying about incorrect descriptions and problems with refunds or no responses from seller. If I remember correctly around 800-900 reviews.
      "The United States Marine Corps is a drug and I am a recovering addict."

"American by birthright… U.S. MARINE by the Grace of GOD!"

"And on the 8th day God created Marines and like fish, we came from the sea!"

Comment

Still waiting for the shipment to arrive so I can send it right back and hopefully get a refund right away.
        In the meantime, on Tuesday, I found a Lyman 55 on EBay for $45 plus $15 shipping. So I ordered it.
        Got it today. In good shape, been cleaned up and lubed with grease and oil. Cleaned it up, took all lubricant off, put some dry moly in it.

Comment

I love my 55.

Comment

I now have three 55's and one Belding and Mull. The B&M is really accurate but hard to find the charging tubes.

Comment

Well if we are going to brag about PMs I gotta say the Lee Classic {now called the Deluxe) is my favorite of these measures I have on my bench; Harrells, Hornady LNL, Quick Measure, 55, B&M, Lee Autodrum and Autodisk..

Seriously the Lee Deluxe is as precise and consistant and easier the set up and use and just better than the Harrells. By far the best bench Measure I've used and it's the lowest priced too.
              Good judgement comes from experience,
              and a lot of that comes from bad judgement.
              Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by daboone View Post
                Well if we are going to brag about PMs I gotta say the Lee Classic {now called the Deluxe) is my favorite of these measures I have on my bench; Harrells, Hornady LNL, Quick Measure, 55, B&M, Lee Autodrum and Autodisk..

Seriously the Lee Deluxe is as precise and consistant and easier the set up and use and just better than the Harrells. By far the best bench Measure I've used and it's the lowest priced too.
                Have to agree, at least when using stick powders. I've had 55s, Uniflows, Hornadys, Pacifics, and others come through from deals I've made. Usually try them out, so I can see if it is something I wan to keep for myself before trying to sell them. The Deluxe equals them with most powders, beats them with stick powders.
                "The fact that guns can kill another human being is the whole point. That\'s why they are so darn good at deterring violent criminals". Ann Coulter

Comment

There you guys go again, getting me to think about PM's. Not going to do it. Last time I bought a couple of different Lee's, kept the auto-disk for the pistol loads. The old school RCBS Uniflow has been much better after adding the micrometer and moving the handle to the left side. The trickle charger and a pair of tweezers is what makes the RCBS throws accurate, and I am telling myself that any PM I use is still going to require me to trickle and occasionally use the tweezers for me to be happy.

Can you see me with my fingers in my ears go NAH_NAH_NAH_Can't_Hear_You? Resisting. Yep, resisting.
                  Friends don't let friends shoot factory ammo.

Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.
                  -Winston Churchill

Comment

It's hard to beat a Lyman 55 powder measure.I have a couple of RCBS measures but haven't used one in years.I have several 55's and mark them with the powder and charge they're set for.I do like the RCBS Little Dandy measures for handgun reloading.

Comment

I sure can't complain either about the 2 Lee Auto Disks I have and the 2 Auto Drums either (just getting into using one of them, .223R on the Loadmaster, the other came with a second Loadmaster but I already have a working .45 Auto setup so it went into a drawer).

The only stick I have run through the Auto Drum is some Alliant RL7 and some IMR 4895 (IIRC), weights were checked and adjusted, it did them well.

I've run N340 through the Auto Disk on the 9mmP head, fed really well, no complaints.

I've run a lot of Alliant flake powders through them (Red Dot (a lot) and Blue Dot (a lot less), Unique, some), no problems metering those either.

Comment

. The Lee PPM the received a metric tons of keyboard criticisms and still does but it is the father of both the Auto Drum and the Deluxe.. Now folks are starting to realize their value. Are they perfect? No but I have yet to find a single PM that handles all powder types. The old 55 is another that tamed flake powders and flakes. As listed above I have 5 bench mounted measures all of them are good but only the Classic (now called the Deluxe) get the most use. But I admit I'm a big fan of VMD. Once it has been figured for the container's lot number it is the fastest to get to work consistently and accurately for any powder up to and including IMR/H 4895.
                        Good judgement comes from experience,
                        and a lot of that comes from bad judgement.
                        Mark Twain

Comment

Been using the new to me 55 to load 9mm loads with Titegroup. Very consistent throws.
                          One "problem" is that Titegroup leaks into the body and binds the drum making it harder to throw a charge.
                          But I think that is more the size of the flakes rather than the measure.
                          Did some loads with Blue Dot with no problems, bigger flakes.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                            X