Frankford Stuck Case Remover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frankford Stuck Case Remover

Anyone here ever tried the Frankford Arsenal stuck case remover? Looks like it would beat the time and effort needed to drill and tap but I have my reservations as to whether it would get enough grip to hold onto the case or if you could pull hard enough on a press handle to pull the case. I guess you used power to stick it that tight but, in my mind, there is a difference between pushing and pulling. RD

https://www.amazon.com/Frankford-Arsenal-Adjustable-Cartridge-Reloading/dp/B07796Y6R6/ref=asc_df_B07796Y6R6/?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid={creative}&hvpos={adpositio n}&hvnetw=o&hvrand={random}&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt= e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl={devicemodel}&hvlocint=&hvlocph y=&hvtargid=pla-4584276296624805&psc=1
    Last edited by Rockydog; 07-07-2019, 21:12.
    Every once in a while in life we need a policeman, a lawyer, a doctor and a preacher. We need a farmer three times a day, every day.

Et Canis Manducare Canis Mundi

The only two times I needed one I cobbled one together in my shop. Worked fine.
    "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools". Romans 1:22

"Those who fail to study history are condemned to repeat it"

NRA Benefactor,

Comment

Originally posted by 9.3X75R View Post
      The only two times I needed one I cobbled one together in my shop. Worked fine.
      I only had it happen once when I grabbed a non lubed case. I did the same thing as 9.3X75R, and it worked fine.
      I'm thinking that the Frankford tool will probably just rip the rim off. No experience with it though.

Comment

I have the older ones, that came with anvil cup, but these work well. Just drive case out of die, unless you separate base or punch through web, easypeasy..

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/66...placement-part
        https://www.titanreloading.com/lee-r...apping-mandrel
        Columbia Falls, MT
        If we don’t speak out against the infringements of today, it will weaken our ability to stop the next infringements.
        Since it took 26th Amendment to change voting age, expanding rights under 14th Amendment. Why doesn't same requirement, to restrict rights, extend to 2nd Amendment?

NRA Benefactor Life, NRA Ring of Freedom, NRA-ILA Partner in Freedom, GOA Patriot, SAF, Oath Keepers

Comment

At first I thought of that too.but if your case is all the way in you will play he'll getting the decap rod and neck sizer button out.
          I was raised in the 50\'s on jackrabbits and gunpowder.salt and pepper wooda made\'em taste better

Comment

This is one area in which I have zero experience, and thank goodness. I've never stuck a case, I've had a couple very close calls in which I'm sure I didn't get the case lubed properly, but by luck I'm sure, I haven't stuck any in bout 4 decades of loading. If I had though, I would have likely just made a tool for the job v.s. buying a manufactured one, and at a premium price I'm sure.

HBC

Comment

I got a case stuck once. Before internet and nobody to talk to about it. Had to or ripped case base off leaving the rest of the case in the die.
              Literally had to peel the case off the die. Had to use chisels and screwdrivers to take it out.
              As I remember it stuck due to insufficient lube.
              "The United States Marine Corps is a drug and I am a recovering addict."

"American by birthright… U.S. MARINE by the Grace of GOD!"

"And on the 8th day God created Marines and like fish, we came from the sea!"

Comment

Originally posted by wheezengeezer View Post
                At first I thought of that too.but if your case is all the way in you will play he'll getting the decap rod and neck sizer button out.
                Most of my dies are Lee, so you just loosen decapping stem and drive out case. The ones that aren't Lee, have expander and pin, threaded onto shaft, you can remove locking nut from stem, by pulling expander tight enough, to unscrew, expander and pin from stem and then use lee rod to drive out case. If you're careful and use deadblow hammer, you don't damage threads on expander/decapper pin, if you do, expander and pin are replaceable parts.

I haven't had a lot, of stuck cases, but everyone of those were my fault, not enough or wrong lube for job.
                Columbia Falls, MT
                If we don’t speak out against the infringements of today, it will weaken our ability to stop the next infringements.
                Since it took 26th Amendment to change voting age, expanding rights under 14th Amendment. Why doesn't same requirement, to restrict rights, extend to 2nd Amendment?

NRA Benefactor Life, NRA Ring of Freedom, NRA-ILA Partner in Freedom, GOA Patriot, SAF, Oath Keepers

Comment

Well I have taps, bits of pipe, bolts and washers. Ohhh and a lathe. So I make those things when I need them.

Comment

This is a tool you only need once in a lifetime, but if you do not have it, it is a mess. This is a need to have tool!

Comment

My goal is Never Need One, so far,, so good since 1989.

Comment

I started loading in 1961 and didn't one until about 2014 or 2015 then needed it twice in about a year. What can I say, that was a pretty good 53 or 54 year run!! 'Course by then I had a fair bit of machine tools in my shop so it was no big deal.
                        "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools". Romans 1:22

"Those who fail to study history are condemned to repeat it"

NRA Benefactor,

Comment

My original intent was to download photos of the Frankford Stuck Case Tool. Obviously I did not but added them to the OP and to this post. Best photos without adding 4 photos here are on Amazon. There were also two reviews from purchasers. Both mention press damage issues. Here is the Amazon link.

https://www.amazon.com/Frankford-Arsenal-Adjustable-Cartridge-Reloading/dp/B07796Y6R6/ref=asc_df_B07796Y6R6/?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid={creative}&hvpos={adpositio n}&hvnetw=o&hvrand={random}&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt= e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl={devicemodel}&hvlocint=&hvlocph y=&hvtargid=pla-4584276296624805&psc=1
                          Every once in a while in life we need a policeman, a lawyer, a doctor and a preacher. We need a farmer three times a day, every day.

Et Canis Manducare Canis Mundi

Comment

Not to knock equipment, but I'd almost bet the rent money on the guy who "bent a press handle", bent one of the Lee cheap-press rod-stock handles, like my old Challenger had. The new Challenger or the Classic Cast, same same (breech lock or not, no difference).
                            This is the only place where I see "massively overbuilt" as "better" than "built plenty well enough".

I can also imagine (having broken 3 sets of toggles on that press NOT sticking any cases) that THOSE would break probably too, the last set broken PRIMING of all things, nothing forceful.

We all know I'm no "Lee Hater", but I try to call them cleanly.
                            That old Challenger (now passed to a co-worker friend after giving it the Modern Handle Link Upgrade) only had MAYBE a 3/8" rodstock handle, and I can see that bending from certain things, like stuck case removal.

The handle on my Crusher II is MAYBE 5/8" (would have to go check, I had to tap the block AND run a die up the handle shaft brand spanking new (bad QC day apparently), still have the tools), no bending THAT.

The other guy, who was afraid he'd break something, probably another Lee Press user, Challenger or Classic Cast.

Comment

There is no way I would use the press to remove a stuck case. Not had it happen to me " yet" but there is much more force in a M6X0.8mm bolt , nut a bit of pipe and a washer then in any press but to date.

Comment

Working...
                              X