Sonic cleaner,sub container?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonic cleaner,sub container?

I have a 500 watt cleaner with a 12 in ch cube tank. I want to use a smaller container inside with both liquid levels the same so I can clean gun parts and use less solution in the process. What works better . Plastic or glass?
    I was raised in the 50\'s on jackrabbits and gunpowder.salt and pepper wooda made\'em taste better

Plastic with holes or slits cut in it. You don't want anything solid sitting on bottom as the transducers need to be able to make ripples, which they cannot if the surface is solid. Too much weight on them will also ruin them. Best option is something that will both suspend and allow the solution to move freely.
    Friends don't let friends shoot factory ammo.

Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.
    -Winston Churchill

Comment

I want to isolate 1 gallon of cleaning solution from 6 gallons of water . I have glass and plastic gallon jars.
      I was raised in the 50\'s on jackrabbits and gunpowder.salt and pepper wooda made\'em taste better

Comment

Then you need to suspend the jars. You can probably cut a tin hood that holds the jars off the bottom.
        Friends don't let friends shoot factory ammo.

Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.
        -Winston Churchill

Comment

glass will probably transmit the sonic energy better, but frankly metal would be better.

Comment

Originally posted by Damannoyed View Post
            glass will probably transmit the sonic energy better, but frankly metal would be better.
            This, plastic Will buffer the sonic waves.
            When the hammer drops the BS stops.

Don't let them beat you down with their inexperience.

You won't know until You Actually try it.

The impossible just takes longer.

Comment

Working...
            X