Used die

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used die

I recently ordered what I thought was a new Wilson neck die from a company in AZ. When it arrived, I found a used rusty die in a faded box missing the allen wrench. The die did however have a bushing in it. A hand written note in the box about the size bushing he was going to use with various makes of brass. The die had many wear marks and dings on top from whatever was used to press the case and rod back and forth. I talked to them 3 times about it and was repeatedly assured it was not used. This die was heavily used. Wilson ships dies in plastic with machine oil on it, not loose in a box and rusty with dings on it. I've cleaned and filed and oiled to get it back in shape and now it seems to be ok. Just ticks me off. Let the buyer beware I guess. I'll never buy there again.

Sounds like you dealt directly with them and not thru ebay, amazon or paypal.
    Can you leave reviews for the company and tell them how bad they are.
    Are they on Facebook? Leave bad review in there.
    If it is not against HB policy, give us the company name so members know not to shop there.
    "The United States Marine Corps is a drug and I am a recovering addict."

"American by birthright… U.S. MARINE by the Grace of GOD!"

"And on the 8th day God created Marines and like fish, we came from the sea!"

Comment

One of their pound them in,pound them out dies?
      I was raised in the 50\'s on jackrabbits and gunpowder.salt and pepper wooda made\'em taste better

Comment

Originally posted by DesertMarine View Post
        Sounds like you dealt directly with them and not thru ebay, amazon or paypal.
        Can you leave reviews for the company and tell them how bad they are.
        Are they on Facebook? Leave bad review in there.
        If it is not against HB policy, give us the company name so members know not to shop there.
        Im not on facebook so that is out. I dont know what HB policy is on posting their name. Perhaps RD will chime in.

Comment

If it is a common company I think the name is something we would all want to know.

You may want to give L.E. Wilson a call. They are a stand-up company. They told me I could send fired brass before buying sizing dies and they would check the brass, and if needed hone the dies before shipping them. I would not be surprised if they swapped it at little or no cost.
          Friends don't let friends shoot factory ammo.

Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.
          -Winston Churchill

Comment

It was Bruno Shooter Supply. I'm going to try to polish it inside and out. I'll never deal with them again. After the 3rd conversation where they argued with me about it being used I also mentioned the handwritten note in the box and missing wrench, I never heard from them again. Be wary if dealing with them.

Comment

Bruno's Shooter Supply? That is surprising. They have been in the precision shooting service area for a lot of years with Mr Bruno a very well known benchrest champion.
              I have done a fair bit of business with them never a problem. Always quality products and service.
              Did you talk to worker or management? If worker suggest taking to a manager.
              I use LE Wilson dies but have always ordered direct from Wilson.
              "The United States Marine Corps is a drug and I am a recovering addict."

"American by birthright… U.S. MARINE by the Grace of GOD!"

"And on the 8th day God created Marines and like fish, we came from the sea!"

Comment

I strongly recommend NOT doing anything to the die until you speak with owner/the management. Get some pictures, and send them pictures of the die and box, showing they were not new. I suspect the item was a used die, and placed into the new in stock slot in the warehouse. Order pullers usually have no idea what they are retrieving and packing, just pick item out of "slot 47", and ship it out. I had a similar problem with Fusion Firearms over a 1911 rear sight. Was the wrong one, not as described (an adjustable that didn't fit my sight cut, AND more expensive than what I ordered. They asked me to return it, sent the exact same sight. I gave up and sold the one they kept sending on Ebay!.
                Last edited by Charley; 3 weeks ago.
                "The fact that guns can kill another human being is the whole point. That\'s why they are so darn good at deterring violent criminals". Ann Coulter

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0045.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	844943Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0046.JPG
Views:	18
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	844944 I talked to management, a woman but dont recall the name. She is the one who argued with me. The die is polished up and oiled. Filed out a few dings. I'm just not dealing with them again. Had one other order from them a couple years ago without incident. In the box pic you can see the faded box it came in next to a new seating die box. You can also see the rust on the note that came in the box. The die has been polished in this pic. The other pic is the top of the die showing some of the scratches but the pic doesnt do it justice and this is after cleaning it up. The bushing that was in the die is not in the pictures.
                  Last edited by SeabeeChief; 3 weeks ago. Reason: adding photos

Comment

Working...
                  X