Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone own this primer catcher upgrade for RCBS RCII?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone own this primer catcher upgrade for RCBS RCII?

I ran across a few primer catcher upgrade for the RCBS RCII. With the exception of this one, the ones I found look like they would cramp the finger area in front or back where this one seems to have solved that problem. For the most part I only use my RC for depriming so having something cleaner seems like a good idea.

Anyone use this or another that they like?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RCBS-Reload...75.c100623.m-1
    Friends don't let friends shoot factory ammo.

Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.
    -Winston Churchill

Got one for the Lyman Spartan press and the Spar T. Novel idea. Worked about 75% of the time. After about a month, it found itself in the box filled with others that were "a novel idea". Went back to having the primers shoot out all over the place and the broom. Some things are just not right. But I hope yours is better.
    Last edited by Kit Fox; 01-05-2019, 19:56.
    Remember, the last thing a man wants to do is the last thing he does.

Comment

Kit Fox I have not purchased it. Looking for insight while thinking. Thanks.

Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.
      -Winston Churchill

Comment

This one gets the job done with no hassles. Hasn't missed a primer yet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	forster2.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	2.7 KB
ID:	828866

Every once in a while in life we need a policeman, a lawyer, a doctor and a preacher. We need a farmer three times a day, every day.

Comment

golong I have one that is similar in design, and it works okay. What I like about the one you show is the 'catcher' seems closer to the ram so it should catch the primers better. With the one I have, a percentage of primers get loose, and I find them later with bare feet. I've actually been thinking about geting a lee press that has a hollow ram and straight downward discharge as a dedicated de-priming press....

Comment

RD I have a Co-Ax. Bolted down right next to the RC. I simply don't want to de-prime on the Forster.

-Winston Churchill

Comment

I have had the habit of placing a kitchen trash can under my rc2. Brush the crap off,lube the ram. Good to go. Also have a Bonanza Coax, couple of Lyman turrets,and my favorite. A Lyman spartan.
              I was raised in the 50\'s on jackrabbits and gunpowder.salt and pepper wooda made\'em taste better

Comment

Before I got my Co-Ax, I would watch and see where the spent primers landed when they hit the floor. Then I placed a 5 gal. bucket there to catch the errant lil' buggers...
                I\'ve learned to stand on my own two knees...

Comment

Wheezer

Problem for me is when I use a trash can underneath I drop everything into the can, including Cases, and then have to fish in the garbage.

I bought one of these 3 d deals and it works fine. Drop one out of a hundred on floor instead of 2 out of 3. Cost about $20

Comment

I deprime with the cheapest Lee single-stage and Universal depriming die. I have it mounted on a piece of wood that I put in my vise when I deprime.
                    I put a waste can under it but the they hit inside the can and sometimes bounce out.
                    My Reddings both let the primer fall through the ram and into a tube, nothing on the floor.
                    "The United States Marine Corps is a drug and I am a recovering addict."

"American by birthright… U.S. MARINE by the Grace of GOD!"

"And on the 8th day God created Marines and like fish, we came from the sea!"

Comment

Originally posted by gifbohane View Post
                      Wheezer

Problem for me is when I use a trash can underneath I drop everything into the can, including Cases, and then have to fish in the garbage.

I bought one of these 3 d deals and it works fine. Drop one out of a hundred on floor instead of 2 out of 3. Cost about $20
                      A kitchen trash can. Not THE kitchen trash can. No fish in out of the garbage.
                      I was raised in the 50\'s on jackrabbits and gunpowder.salt and pepper wooda made\'em taste better

Comment

Originally posted by DesertMarine View Post
                        I deprime with the cheapest Lee single-stage and Universal depriming die.
                        That's my solution
                        My little Lee sits next to my RCBS, and I have a 1qt Chinese food container under the press. Most of the primers go in the container, the shop vac gets the rest.
                        Experience is what you get, when you don\'t get what you want ;-)

Comment

I use the one from RCBS & it works fine; occasionally one pops out onto floor but no bigee.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel001 View Post
                            I use the one from RCBS & it works fine; occasionally one pops out onto floor but no bigee.
                            That is what I have. It is fine for 50-100, but not so much for 500+. I added a spring to the back to hold it in place since they are prone to slipping, which i itself is a big improvement. I also occasionally, as in maybe every week, find the need to punch a few live primers. When that happens I have to make sure the holder is cleaned out or play catch. Again, not a big deal just looking for a better way.

I did end up ordering the one in the link. It arrived yesterday and will get installed this weekend. I plan on running the hose to the jar that I dump the old primers in to and expect I will be able to simple move the hose out of the jug when live ones are involved. Will see. The comments were mixed enough that I thought the just over $20 was worth a shot.

-Winston Churchill

Comment

I have the one he makes for the RCBS Summit and it works great.

Comment

Working...
                              X