where's Robert

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where's Robert

every since I have been in this forum ,RobertMt was a daily contributor to the topics , anybody know if he is okay , health problems or other life gets in the way matters , Robert seemed to have a wealth of information and knowledge and as of a couple weeks ago noticed he was not posting at all anymore . ????

He mentioned some family stuff a while back.
    Friends don't let friends shoot factory ammo.

Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.
    -Winston Churchill

Comment

Maybe he is trapped in his house by a snowslide....
      Been that kinda year.
      shoot\'em till your arm falls off

Comment

He's still around. Last post I recall seeing from him was in the politics section if I recall. PM him, he'll appreciate you reaching out.
        We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.

~Ronald Reagan

Comment

I PM'd Robert. He's OK, but a bit too busy to communicate right now and has limited access to computer services. He'll be back in due time and thanks us for our concern. RD
          Every once in a while in life we need a policeman, a lawyer, a doctor and a preacher. We need a farmer three times a day, every day.

Comment

Glad all is well with him.

Comment

good to hear R.D. , I would not know the man if he stepped on my foot , but I do know he was missing here . good to hear all is good .

Comment

Thanks for the concern and well wishes.

As many here know, my Mom has Alzheimer's and it's reached the stage, she needs more help, than can be provided at home, even with fulltime help.
                I took off a couple months, to visit and help out. Right after Christmas, she went down hill fast, went from feeding herself and walking, to being confined to wheelchair and needing to have daily needs taken care of, all within a week. For first couple months, of year, she didn't recognize anyone nor was able to communicate.

First few weeks, I was down, she really wasn't aware, you were in room. Last few weeks, she had a turn around and seemed to recognize, who you were and that she had visitors. She tries to talk, but it's to mumbled, to understand. She still requires 24/7 help, but seems somewhat, aware of her surroundings now.

I'll probably be less active here, for a while, for a while, at least. I've got a lot of stuff to catch up on. I've pretty much decided to cut back and try to join the retired, in the fall.
                Columbia Falls, MT
                If we don’t speak out against the infringements of today, it will weaken our ability to stop the next infringements.
                Since it took 26th Amendment to change voting age, expanding rights under 14th Amendment. Why doesn't same requirement, to restrict rights, extend to 2nd Amendment?

NRA Benefactor Life, NRA Ring of Freedom, NRA-ILA Partner in Freedom, GOA Patriot, SAF, Oath Keepers

Comment

nice to see you are all good Robert , but I am awful sorry to hear about your mom .

Comment

Robert, the wife and I pretty much cared for our 4 parents by ourselves from Oct 2006-April 2014. It's hard work, but something you can feel good about doing.
                    You're in my prayers.
                    Wimachtendienk, Wingolauchsik, Witahemui

He who knows not and knows not that he knows not, is a fool.
                    He who knows not and knows he knows not, is wise.

Comment

Mom's now in nice private care home, that specializes in long term dementia care. Two of the patients, have been there for over a decade, so they must provide pretty good care. There is one nurse and couple caregivers on hand 24/7, for the five patients. After six years of home care, even with fulltime help, last six months, it was just too much for Dad to handle. It got to point Dad's health, was declining faster than Mom's.
                      Columbia Falls, MT
                      If we don’t speak out against the infringements of today, it will weaken our ability to stop the next infringements.
                      Since it took 26th Amendment to change voting age, expanding rights under 14th Amendment. Why doesn't same requirement, to restrict rights, extend to 2nd Amendment?

NRA Benefactor Life, NRA Ring of Freedom, NRA-ILA Partner in Freedom, GOA Patriot, SAF, Oath Keepers

Comment

Robert- sorry to hear about your Mother. Having been through it with mine, it's tough. Hang in there. Glad you are doing okay.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertMT View Post
                          Mom's now in nice private care home, that specializes in long term dementia care. Two of the patients, have been there for over a decade, so they must provide pretty good care. There is one nurse and couple caregivers on hand 24/7, for the five patients. After six years of home care, even with fulltime help, last six months, it was just too much for Dad to handle. It got to point Dad's health, was declining faster than Mom's.
                          Yeah, all too often the caregiver winds up failing first.
                          Wimachtendienk, Wingolauchsik, Witahemui

He who knows not and knows not that he knows not, is a fool.
                          He who knows not and knows he knows not, is wise.

Comment

Working...
                          X