Hospitals!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hospitals!!!

On March 19th while staying at the mother-in-laws house in Lake Havasu City AZ, I had the opportunity to visit Havasu Regional Medical Center at 02:00 am due to chest pains and a cold sweat.
    Had the wife call 911 and off we went. I had been feeling crappy for a few days before this but didn't worry to much about it. I take Spriva for COPD (yeah smoked for almost 40 years) The wife brought some in for me to take the following morning and the nurse said I couldn't take it until it went through the Hospital pharmacy, so we hand over one (1) Spriva capsule thinking it would be back in a few minutes, (this was about (8:00am) I didn't get the Spriva until late that afternoon.
    Here is the really part, I get a bill from HRMC for $117+a few cents. saying my Medicare and Secondary will not pay. Phone time!!! I call customer service and they tell me the bill is for administering patient supplied medication
    The original charge was for $500plus but they reduced it to the billed amount of $117. If you're ever in the hospital DON'T GIVE THEM YOUR MEDS!!, WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP THAT WAS

Come to find out I had the Flu "B" virus and the Doc was thinking that was what caused the chest pain. 36 hours in the hospital and the bill to Medicare was for $31K plus.
    Yeah I paid the $117 under protest!!
    "We failed, but in the good providence of God apparent failure often proves a blessing." Robert E. Lee

Ouch.

Bill the hospital $5,000.00 for Patient pain and suffering caused by Hospital XXXXX not administering patient supplied medication on a timely basis.

Serious. Work up the form on you PC. Call the hospital and find out where do you send bills.

I would also go to the local TV station. Or at the very least to their customer service ( I am almost falling over on that thought) maybe the Chairman of the Board. The words that come to mind: be a real great big never gonna stop PIA.

And maybe some other Bench folks can conjure up something to get 36 hours cut back to around 12.

Comment

Oh. Why bother? its 117 bucks, right? No, its 117 bucks xxx thousand times a year.

And Note: I had the entire cost of a cataract lens operation refunded because I asked for it back and stated it wasn't my fault Doc went to Spain caught the flu and was out 9 weeks and no one could/would cover for him and my lens got scratched by the stitch material that did not disintegrate like it was supposed to.

Comment

12 semi - you are completely right , if I got that bill , I would be such a P.I.T.A. on the phone , in person and every other way that they would pay me 234. 00 to go away . its your money and it fits in your pocket just fine . , when my wife was in the hospital last year for a week , the hosp. wanted me to bring in all her meds so they could pass them out to her . I told them that she or I had been doing it for the past 7 yrs . and she isn't dead yet so we will keep on doing it. they told me that it isn't hospital policy , I told them that giving the meds. to them was not my policy .

Comment

Hooterville, wish I'd thought of that, but was feeling pretty crappy at the time
          "We failed, but in the good providence of God apparent failure often proves a blessing." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Don't worry about it. The chuckleheads in Washington will fix the health care system, just like they fix everything else. They just need a little more of your income is all.
            If it weren't for double standards, liberals would have no standards at all.

"Ammo and really good friends are hard to find in a gunfight so I bring them with me" E. J. Owens

Comment

Hospitals are full of sick people, a place to stay far away from.

Comment

My father got a bill for stitches I got 15 yrs earlier the only problem was he was dead for 6yrs when he got the bill.

Health-care is a mess

Comment

Originally posted by zzrguy View Post
                  My father got a bill for stitches I got 15 yrs earlier the only problem was he was dead for 6yrs when he got the bill.

Health-care is a mess
                  That hospital musta got his info from the DNC Voter Registration list in your area.....
                  Wimachtendienk, Wingolauchsik, Witahemui

He who knows not and knows not that he knows not, is a fool.
                  He who knows not and knows he knows not, is wise.

Comment

Originally posted by olyeller View Post

That hospital musta got his info from the DNC Voter Registration list in your area.....
                    Yes, the ACTIVE VOTER list no less..

Comment

About 6 years ago, I had to have my appendix removed. It was surgery and two nights in a hospital with food that was disgusting and nurses that had little to no bedside manner. When I saw the final bill, I just about fell over. My share, after insurance was $1200 for the surgeon and $800 for the ER. Insurance was billed $29000. One would think the accommodations would be a lot better, for that kind of money.
                      "There\'s no such thing as a good gun. There\'s no such thing as a bad gun. A gun in the hands of a bad man is a very dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good person is no danger to anyone except the bad guys."

-Charlton Heston

Comment

"Hospitals are full of sick people, a place to stay far away from."

BUT, having had carotid endarterectomy, appendectomy, bi-pass, bones removed from fingers, laser surgery for macular edema, and a bunch of less important surgeries......it is the place I want to go when I'm sick.

Federal 'codes' and costs for proceedures are unbelieveable. government S&CKs. But care is available. My whole life I paid Blue Cross insurance, all myself. expensive yep.....better than dying. doctors and nursing staff. nice (remember 50% of all doctors are totally incompetent).

I love big pharma also.

Comment

Well, here we go again, received the ambulance bill......$1500+ for a 3 mile ride, submitted to VA for payment....WHY I ask, because you said you have VA, well yeah I do, but I also have medicare and BCBS, told them to resubmit to medicare for payment cause VA will tell them to go away LOL

Comment

Working...
                          X