Dermatologist and stitches!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dermatologist and stitches!

It has been several years since my last visit to a dermatologist, so the boss lady made us an appointment three months ago. I bring this up because even though nothing was found several years ago, and I expected a clean bill of health this time....it did not come out that way.
    I've had a mole on the back of my neck for as long as I can remember, it was a pain in the neck because it was right at a shirt collar height, it had turned into a basal cell carcinoma and had to come off. So July 3rd off we went.

If it's been awhile since you've been to a skin Doc I recommend you go, better safe than sorry, and it was almost painless, the first injection of pain meds was the only thing I felt.
    "We failed, but in the good providence of God apparent failure often proves a blessing." Robert E. Lee

If you absolutely HAVE to get cancer, basal cell carcinoma is the way to go. Mine came off last year, several other "suspect" spots were frozen off, and my next checkup is next month.
    "The fact that guns can kill another human being is the whole point. That\'s why they are so darn good at deterring violent criminals". Ann Coulter

Comment

I go in for trim every year, (Basal and Squamous found 25 yrs ago), I prefer the cut and stitch, over freezing myself. Looks like he cleaned it up pretty good.

It's better to schedule a appt with dermatologists, if you've spent a great deal of time in sun and especially if you've had bad sunburns, as kid. Family Dr. doesn't have the time during your physical, to do thorough skin exam, by time they often spot it, it's either brought to their attention, by you, or it's gone on too long.

You don't have to be old, to get checked, both of my kids, had pre-cancerous spots removed in teens and oldest has couple Basal taken off, while still stitch or two in size, since. The biggest risk factor, is getting too much sun, especially during childhood and the more bad sunburns, you've, the higher the risk, make the kids and grandkids wear sunblock, hat, sunglasses, and stay out of the sun.
      Columbia Falls, MT
      If we don’t speak out against the infringements of today, it will weaken our ability to stop the next infringements.
      Since it took 26th Amendment to change voting age, expanding rights under 14th Amendment. Why doesn't same requirement, to restrict rights, extend to 2nd Amendment?

NRA Benefactor Life, NRA Ring of Freedom, NRA-ILA Partner in Freedom, GOA Patriot, SAF, Oath Keepers

Comment

That was a big one 7 switches if I count right.
        Mtman714; A man can do no better then to leave a good garden patch. Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by mtman714 View Post
          That was a big one 7 switches if I count right.
          12 actually, I wanted the wife to video it with her phone but she refused LOL
          "We failed, but in the good providence of God apparent failure often proves a blessing." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Do you have a before pic?
            Endeavor to persevere.

Comment

No sorry, deaddog, The Doc took pictures but I do not have them.

Comment

If you're wanting to know what to watch for, pretty good source. https://www.webmd.com/melanoma-skin-...sions-overview
                Columbia Falls, MT
                If we don’t speak out against the infringements of today, it will weaken our ability to stop the next infringements.
                Since it took 26th Amendment to change voting age, expanding rights under 14th Amendment. Why doesn't same requirement, to restrict rights, extend to 2nd Amendment?

NRA Benefactor Life, NRA Ring of Freedom, NRA-ILA Partner in Freedom, GOA Patriot, SAF, Oath Keepers

Comment

One of my forever friends, a college roommate, is a dermatologist. I'm lucky because every time I see him without evening asking he grabs the bottle of liquid nitrogen. Then I drown the " pain" reliving the good old days with him. Growing up in Hawaii skindiving, sailing and surfing sans t-shirts when it wasn't bad for you. (;-?)
                  Good judgement comes from experience,
                  and a lot of that comes from bad judgement.
                  Mark Twain

Comment

Was at my dermatologist this morning. Scraped a suspect spot off my back, then went to work on my right ear. Felt like he was using a belt sander on it. Bandaged up, then did the normal morning routine. I'll take the bandage off tomorrow, and have a checkup in two weeks. Mentioned my blood didn't clot as easily as most ( I already knew that), and said it was mostly a good thing, especially in relation to heart disease (knew that as well). HSA accounts are a GOOD thing!
                    "The fact that guns can kill another human being is the whole point. That\'s why they are so darn good at deterring violent criminals". Ann Coulter

Comment

I go every year, full body scan. cut and freeze thing. been doing it since I turned 50....on my 5 derm dr (they die off).

Comment

Back today for the follow up to my last appointment. Carcinoma on my right ear, looks like radiation for the follow up treatment. 3 times a week for a total of about 20 visits. Treatments will take about 30 seconds under radiation. Glad my Dermatologist is only about 3 miles away!

Comment

Good Luck with that ear Charley. I don't have to go back till next yearly check up.

Comment

Get a few suspect spots frozen once or twice a year during routine checkups.
                            Have had a chunk cut out of my nose (not much) and lot bigger chunks taken out of my right hand and left cheek. Price you pay for being "cool" years ago.

Getting old isn't for sissies. Best to you fellow travelers.
                            Wimachtendienk, Wingolauchsik, Witahemui

He who knows not and knows not that he knows not, is a fool.
                            He who knows not and knows he knows not, is wise.

Comment

Second session to turn me into Radioactive Man today. Takes10 minutes to set me up, 20 seconds or so for the radiation. Spot is on the back of my ear, so needs to be taped down, covered with the medical equivalent of Saran Wrap, taped again, all to hold my ear in position. Doc said "sorry, it is in an inconvenient place to reach". I told him I'd make sure the next one was in an easier place to reach.

Comment

Working...
                              X